M8 Tracker

I ordered mine on Feb 10th, it was supposed to ship in July. I just got notice that it’s on it’s way.
Everything I’ve ordered in the last year and a half has had a delay. It’s been a rough two years.

1 Like

just got a eye test today n an updated prescription (3 years since my last one).

man, the new one is crystal clear even with tiny font. unreal. didn’t realise how blurry my current one has become :laughing::space_invader:

been struggling with the m8 screen size the past while. not any more. gettin’ me new glasses in 10 days :partying_face:

2 Likes

Yup and from what I can read, chip shortage could last up to 2024. But it’s not a big deal, having to wait for it builds up my excitement and anticipation!

I like RMR’s video

Then looking through the M8 meetup timestamps for “how do I do X?” kind of stuff

1 Like

Oh yeah, also the M8 community starter pack.

I’ve been learning by studying how other M8 users created their songs, by loading their song projects, looking at what commands were used for what musical effects, how they use tables, etc. The pack comes with a bunch of songs. It also comes with loads of sound presets and samples

3 Likes

Bruv I’ve got terrible eyes now, it’s sad. I used to be able to see better than 20/20 and easily up close, but with age comes presbyopia and it suuuucks. It’s made reading the faceplate of the Deluge a bear.

Check this out: You can connect your M8 to the computer and have the screen enlarged.

https://derkyjadex.github.io/M8WebDisplay/

3 Likes

whoah. thanks for sharing that notion page. Amaze

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Does anyone know if it’s possible to shift steps (highlighted or not) up or down within a phrase, or even into the next or prior phrase in their chain? Thanks!

Such a fantastic machine!

You can shift steps , single or group, up or down within a singular phrase. They won’t move to the next or previous phrase, they’ll wrap around in the current phrase.

Thanks. Can you tell me how to do that?

Just watched the RMR tutorial again. Watched it when it came out, but I clearly missed several cool techniques. While he certainly doesn’t cover everything, there’s a lot of cool info in there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Basically, you can move notes within a highlighted selection, you can’t just grab a few and then move that.

So, if you wanna move some notes down in a phrase, highlight the notes as well as the space you wish to move them into underneath. Then hold Edit and use directions I believe.

1 Like

Just note that you have to highlight at least two columns for this to work. Doing this with a single column will just increase/decrease the values in the column.

Also I think this feature was added post-release? So make sure you’re on the latest firmware.

Great - thanks! In case anyone else needs, you have to select the note and at least the volume column along with the steps you want shifted, then scroll while holding edit and pressing the arrow keys. Occasionally mimicking the key clacking sound is optional, but recommended.

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Struggling with the M8 logic on my first forays. I’m ‘stuck’ in the elektron workflow?

Basically, I’m just experimenting using the FM synth with a tweaked sine wave to make a kick. I have four phrases (all called ‘00’) laid out 4 to the floor.

Say I want to tweak the ratio on the 2nd and 4th bar for some variance - do I need to use modifiers in the FX section? Is this the same as p-locking? On the M8 I gather I can’t p-lock instrument parameters because the instrument is global, right?

Am I thinking about it in the right way? Or should I make a different PHRASE (called ‘01’), tweak the instrument, and then arrange the chain as 00,01,00,01 ?

Which is the ‘better’ approach? pros/cons?

I’d scroll up a bit. there were links just posted here that will sort you out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeGyuOoIDtS/

the beat is samples however the melodic part is the fm synth only

1 Like

Someone enlighten me, is this thing still not out officially, or why does it still say “pre-order” on the site?
People are already receiving their M8 Trackers after all. Does this mean that the product is not “final” yet and still open for hardware revisions? I know that if you order one now you still won’t receive it for quite some time, is that the only reason they call it a pre-order?

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing

1 Like