Lying Dalai @ Soundcloud

Here is a pure ambient track.
Dedicated to my friend Francis. And everyone who embraces Change.

5 Likes

Sweet! A new @LyingDalai tune! Hooray!

Hehe, thx dear. Yep, it’ been a long time…
For some reason, playing music with my friends from Paula Berthe had been highly sufficient during my 6-months long job-free break.
I have been playing in Nature, or staring at the sea, or in my bed, or at friends’ but recording was not necessary.

And the day I have a new job, I feel the huge appeal from my machines, they shout “PLAY AND RECORD ME” and… here is the fourth take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah listening to this with the blue neon lights on here chilling… must say I can listen to this kind of music all day. Thanks for posting this.

Rob

1 Like

Glad you enjoy this ! :slight_smile:
Here is a few albums I enjoy listening for chilling moments or while at work:

Deru - 1979
Disasterpeace - Hyper Light Drifter OST
Jogging House - Self
Nils Frahm - All Melody
Jeffre Cantu-Ledesma - Faceless Kiss EP
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II

Nice guy. This EP is gorgeous, really! Jewel carved out of ambient and noise :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been ages since I last took part to an Operator-1 battle !
Here is my entry for Batte #57 “This old synth you never use”.
Shruthi-1 it was, in my case.
With Novation 61SL mkIII as the brain, makes it easier without having to dig in the menus :slight_smile:
Drums are handled by the Rytm and OP-1.
And there are some little bits of Richard Devine’s Sort\Lave album, which is full of interesting little sounds.

As a side note : it’s the first time I program that many trig conditioned ghost notes on the Rytm (mainly for the snare but also on other percussions), and I was really happy with the result, it feels way more organic than my previous beats :smiley:

4 Likes

50th collective composition challenge on Audiofanzine.
I teamed with Jo, and got back to guitar (and a bit of AR and DT) for this track.

2 Likes

Holy crap good guitar chops bro. I might sample that :grin:.

Overall I like the garage rock sound to it. Vocals sound good too. Bring it to the front a little more.

À +

Vocals are Jo’s, I can’t sing that high unfortunately :smiley:
And he did the real drums, heavy guitar, bass, as well as a lot of arranging and mixing :slight_smile:

It’s true that voices could have been a bit more present, I find it really hard to place them right.
But they were not THAT significant to me, I mean it’s not like Bowie is singing how he sold his soul…

Anyway, this track was hard to craft, I got quite some trouble lately and it needed dedication to come up with something decent!

The kind of track that will bring me back a lot of memories :tongue:

1 Like

BTW this is free download, do whatever you want from it dear !
:smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks those riffs need to be sampled on my EPS at 20khz and with more overdrive because there’s never too much overdrive in :guitar:

1 Like

Ambient that got hit by a beat and mutates in dnb.
My mind lately :smile:

I made this track for система | system various artists compilation SYS VA 004.
But because life can be very stupid it didn’t make it to the album (very worth a listen, if you’re into experimental/noise)

6 Likes

Nice track, once the beat comes in it feels very -summertime-

1 Like

This track is a collaboration between 12 op-forums users.
Each had 30s to compose, cadavre exquis style. I really dig the result of this. It illustrates pretty well what can be done with the OP-1 !

3 Likes

Wow! This one’s awesome! Love how you managed the transition, seamless!

1 Like

Thanks, and indeed the 11 transitions are one of the things that really impressed me when tagging the 12 pretty skilled operators that contributed :slight_smile: When you know a bit about the OP-1, you can see how much dedication and love there is for the instrument and more generally music, in such track. I found such project tells a lot about the community, as well.

New collaboration starting right now!

Nice track I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

[MOD EDIT] I took the liberty to move your kind comment to a more appropriate place :wink: [/MOD EDIT]

It was made with 24 hands!
I had never done such an epic collab, operators (as in OP-1 players) are pretty skilled musicians :smiley:

Currently working on the new op-forums collab.
So frustrated for not reaching the sound I have in mind with the little OP-1.

So… I grabbed the Digitakt and went mad. Greta angry.
Keep on kicking their ass, sister. We all wish we had such guts.

I find there’s a bit of @lem’s sound in this. Respect to the master: it seems your somatik techno stills infects me.

I might have been a bit heavy on the bit reduction and the overdrive :smiley: But I was amazed at reaching such dirt with the DT alone.

5 Likes