Drum machine for hard techno

So, how about an Arturia Drumbrute, but the smaller Version (impact).

Had the chance to play around with it for some time and BOY, this thing delivers… In my opinion, the hats sound quite harsh, but as a whole concept, all the voices fit together quite nice and with the built-in distortion and a per-step optional “Color” - Option you get really wild in no time.

That’s some bang for the buck right there. Hard industrial techno is just some arturia knobs away.

2 Likes

Yeah, Drumbrute Impact sounds masive!
And with the four individual outputs he could do some processing on the OT.

any good sound examples of the impact playing some techno with the distortion cranked up?

regardless of its purpose for hard techno, I don’t really like how the drumbrutes sound. The impact sounds better than the original. The cymbalson both sound harsh and metallic. But maybe that’s a good thing for hard techno :slight_smile:

I had the Drumbrute Impact for a little while. Attached is a song me and a friend jammed out. I liked how the distortion affected the sound of this machine. It made the snare and kick play nicely together. I changed it out for an Tr-8s, which is a little more versatile. But for some techno the Impact performed good!

4 Likes

I played with DT Bit Reduction and Overdrive yesterday night…
I really liked the sounds I could get out of it!

4 Likes

#gretaangry

3 Likes

Its through overbridge into ableton but no processing… havnt touched the levels

not even using the Rytm compressor

2 Likes

great work man. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Continuing to illustrate with another jam:

(TR-8S with a few Basimilus samples, Loquelic and System-1m)

5 Likes

From what i ve heard online the arturia drum sounds don t click with me either.

Thought so, too.

But the demos and jams just don’t do this thing any justice.

Don’t want to sell it or anything, just saying that this little thing really was a surprise for me when hearing it live the first time.

But it’s kind of a one trick pony in a way…

I have my techno system and after having owned loads and loads of drum machines, I’m gonna stay with that one for a while, it’s a beast.

1 Like

No idea what I’m doing with it but I don’t think I’ve ever had more fun twiddling knobs…

6 Likes

still voting for a modular drums setup :wink:

4 Likes

I took that AR demo pattern I posted earlier and worked it into this jam. By far not the hardest stuff you could pump out of it, but still a nice sample I think. Distortion shines in the second half.

AH is gently rolling of the high end sizzle, no distortion applied, and an H9 adds a delay. No other instruments or processing.

8 Likes

I don’t know man, that’s pretty hard.

Sounds nice , I like it’s not just 4/4 , reminds me of public energy / speedy j type thing.
Add some nice pads , reverb , stabs and filter sweeps…done…

1 Like

Love the tracks people are posting!
Here’s another from me. (DFAM, TR8S, Octatrack, all mixed in Octratrack)

3 Likes

There s gabber-hard territory beyond this :wink:

3 Likes

Fairly random question - is anybody using the model:samples as a drum machine? (I know it has no synthesis engine and needs a laptop before anyone brings it up)