Lost my pattern : (

I’m still getting the hang of the workflow. I started a new project, new pattern, saved (and renamed) the pattern.

Reloaded from the project and the pattern was empty. Where did I go wrong?

1 Like

Hope its not a silly question, i wanna help …

Did you save the project, then pattern to project? Because if so, it should always be there if you reload the project you saved the pattern in. Just in case you dont see your work when turning M:C back on.

If you got a chance to save the project first following saving the pattern and the project after renaming, and it dosent show at all; turn off then back on your M:C, then reload the project. It will reload and should have your work.

If you forgot to check if your (Preferably renamed) project saved whilest working, im deeply sorry it might be gone. But not forever. M:C synth engine is really fun and focused, You’ll inspire yourself! :love_letter::brain::muscle:t5:

I don’t think I had saved the project after starting it. I need to spend some more time with the manual to understand how/when I should be saving.

This is super confusing about the Model machines and different to other Elektrons. Very bad UI design. I hope Elektron never do this again.

There is an auto-save of the working project but only if you properly shutdown with the power/volume button. This however doesn’t save to the open project. To save to that you have to do it manually. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You are not the 1st and not the last with this problem.

Turn off by cutting power without saving manually means loosing all changes.

It’s a not uncommon problem, unfortunately. Because so many people trip up over it, (see this,
this, this, this and this) you could argue that elektron have not done a great job of explaining this. Even a slip added to the packing written in big red letters that you can’t miss would help.

1 Like