Looking for a multitrack synth

TE OP-Z. Could be the one

Korg Wavestate is also an option.

Korg radias if you can find one at a good price
Very knobby, 4 part multitimbrally 2 sequencer/ 1 arp per multi program, modulation sequencer, savable templates for sounds and fx, saveable/ synth modificated drum kits, pcm, very digital sounding

*very different workflow from DN, especially on the sequencing side. DN is way faster/ more detailed in the seq department

Price seems to have gone up though but if you find one cheap Iā€™d snack it up, as others have said your wishlist here is a very rare combo

Digitone!!! Then you can get a Virus Snow or a DSI Tetra to go with it to have 4 more tracks of a very different sound.

I have one and an AK. Itā€™s a fair description of both of them. And thatā€™s how I like them, but Iā€™d say Blofeld is only marginally more menu-divey than the AK. Most stuff is no more clicks, or not many more, the high level synth functions for example. Blofeld handles single patch editing from multi mode very smoothly too.

But YMMV.

1 Like

fredā€™s lab tƶrƶƶƶ can be played 4 part multitimbral, has 2 additional outputs, analog filters and a unique sound overall, but itā€™s matrix editing.

What about the syntakt? It offers 12 Tracks, 4 analog voices and some Digital voices on topā€¦and itā€™s cheaper than the analog fourā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I havenā€™t used one more than about 20 minutes in a synth store and was mainly preset surfing but that I was only my impression so Iā€™m not the best source, just going off of what other people say.

That said, I donā€™t consider the A4 or any Elektron Gear to be menu divey when pretty much anything you need to readily access is within a button press away.

I have been checking some videos & I really love the sound

Sorry if itā€™s a silly questionā€¦ But I am not sure if I understand youā€¦ how many ā€˜tracksā€™ do you have?
I have seen some videos where it seems to be 4 different sounds together

MicroMonsta version 2 is bi-timbral. Pretty insane for such a small synth.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a 2 part polyphonic synth so you can sequence 2 different synth patches independently of one another but the sequencer has motion recording so it can sound like there is way more happening than just 2 tracks. The FX section can be set differently for each part and it has 20 note polyphony so itā€™s actually very powerful in terms of what you can do with it.
As it has 2 parts you can also split the keyboard as a different way to control it - for example bass on lower notes and a pad on higher register - you decide where the split happens. You can also not do that and just switch midi channels to play either part.
I hope this reveals a bit more light?
There is a custom made manual by Sunshine Jones which is an excellent ref guide. (better than the Roland manual) > sĒuoÅæ ĒuıɄsunS Ā» JX-08 The Missing Manual

1 Like

A bit :sweat_smile:
Do you have some videos?

Iā€™ve watched a few videoā€™s but there are not that many - last time I looked was a couple of months ago so maybe there are more now. I find it strange in a way because itā€™s the kind of synth I would have thought would be wildly popular. For the cost, functionality and sound it is well worth the money. Edit >Always worth listening to what Nick Batt has to say :wink: - and the comments are very positive too. Roland JX-08 Boutique Sonic LAB Review - YouTube

1 Like

:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

DSIs sound great, Mopho too
Do you have one? How about the sequencer? I guess a midi keyboard is a must with them

Virus? Nordlead?

2 Likes

Yes!

So, a bit a summaryā€¦ only considering gear under 1000ā‚¬ (thatā€™s in fact a bit more than my budget :sweat_smile:), and discarding machines which seem even more menu diving than Elektronā€™s

Elektron option: Digitone or coming back to A4 mk1
Some DSIā€™s + midi keyboard: need to check about storage, I really like the sound
Rolandā€™s: need to check the technical differences between them, I am totally in love with some bass / synth sounds I have listened in youtube videos

Thanks a lot all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adding mc101 as an option, although it seems kind of menu diving

can i ask, what kind of music do you like to create?