Looking for a multitrack synth

I am looking for a multi track synth (2 tracks minimum) with a decent storage for projects / patterns. Being cheaper than an A4 and having more knobs than menus would be a plus :grin:

Basically I would like to give a look to A4 similar machines. I don’t know so much about gear so I’d love to hear your suggestions

My fav right now would be Digitone, but I hope there should be non Electron machines like these to check

Used A4’s are v cheap. Get one of those. You won’t find anything better for that kind of money.

10 Likes

I think in the price range you’re talking about you get very limited with multi-timbral synths, especially knobby ones. There’s the Woldorf Blofeld but you’re pretty much entirely menu diving with that. I’m struggling to think of something that hasn’t always been mentioned and I would echo that a used A4 is probably the way to go.

1 Like

Yes, I owned an used A4
I wanted to believe there should something similar to check out there :sweat_smile:

I don’t think you’re gonna get anything less than $1400 (new), multi-timbral, and analog all in one package outside of the A4. Digitone isn’t analog either.

1 Like

i think micromonsta is multi track poly? its digital tho.
if you run a mixer might aswel get two small desktop synths, like typhons.
the only multi track analog that i know of from top of the head is DSI tetra, but its mostly preset player.

2 Likes

Analog wouldn’t be a must
I am going to edit first post, sorry

1 Like

Off the top of my head:
Korg Electribe
Roland JD-Xi
Novation Circuit

1 Like

Digitone is my favorite multi-track synth. It’s fun and quick to get jamming on, and I dig the sound.
I know you mentioned it above and are looking for other options, but I just want to throw in my vote for the Digitone.

3 Likes

Vermona PERfourMER : no menu, relatively expensive, not always available.

1 Like

Novation machines wouldn’t be an option
I owned a Mono Station before the A4. I loved the sound, but the project/pattern storage was ridiculous without using a computer (and that is a must :smiley:)

I will check others
Thanks

Not the budget :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And I just realized that you want something with a decent storage for projects / patterns. That’s not the case with the PERfourMER.

1 Like

There are very few options that are both multi-timbral synths and sequencers with project and pattern storage. In fact I don’t know of anything besides the Digitone, A4, and the Circuit Tracks.

If you’re fine with giving up the project / patterns part of it, I highly recommend the Blofeld as a multi-timbral synth module. Lot of mileage in a very small footprint.

1 Like

Need to check them :+1:t3:

No, it’s a must for me
I sold a MonoStation (only) for this

Gotcha. I think Digitone is going to be your best bet then. Great groovebox.

1 Like

with several modeled synth plugins now (most standard, a few new ones for separate purchase) don’t sleep on the MPC One either.

2 Likes

DN is not only smooth and flexible synth, but also a surprisingly good drum machine.
If not having regular subtractive synthesis doesnt matter to you, i highly recommend it.