Unable to record in PB AT MW to MIDI Tracks of Digis

Depends on the prism you’re using, really.

The reason why they would want to “fix” that functionality is because the OT has to go EOL one day due to parts and the codebase will necessarily shift to the Digi OS.

The “benefit” of segregated features is twofold, yes it creates tiers but really, mostly it prevents devs from having to cross-test every feature on every platform simultaneously, worry about optimizing older platforms and refactoring them (like how they have suggested that the Rytm is reaching the limits of what can be packed in further.)

The complaint as i understand it is the live recording of the data AND filtering out, at least it sounds as if there is a workaround for the latter.

Always find people shouting about things like this so rudely rather strange.

A device breaking prematurely is unacceptable. A device not having a specific feature you need is not. Awkward and annoying, sure, but not unacceptable.

Being rude about it and ordering the company not to make excuses will get you nowhere.

9 Likes

My point exactly.

7 Likes

like this?

A limited workaround, only for CCs. You can control Digis CC values (FILTER page) with external CCs 70-77.

These can be mapped to CC 1-119 in AMP page, hence Modulation Wheel and Breath Controller (CC2).

Can be recorded.

At least it would be interesting to have CCs to control PB AT MW BC directly.

2 Likes

I think this thread can be merged here

4 Likes

Not mine though, I was all positive and shit!

3 Likes

To all those guy saying negative thoughts about this thread:
I just want say one thing: the midi track of digi box has already got 4 data knob for pb mw at bc, but no reaction to income midi messages of those, if you thinks that is normal, congratulations! I am not your kind of person! I bought all box from elektron to support their business, I pointed out that I thought they should do better not just for myself, it wil benefit all user even elektron them self, better product is not a good thing!? What kind of mind made you guys talk those word right here? If I make you feeling no good, just go away! Why answer this with your letters?

1 Like

tbf, your post title starts with Let’s Talk, so people are talking, there are plenty threads where you can suggest features like for example:

either way, just because another box has a certain feature does not mean it has to be implemented in every other box, and yeah if you think this is a real limitation then try the feature suggestion threads where every idea is welcome…

5 Likes

A reminder that Elektron does not read any of these threads, if you would like to advocate for a particular feature the only way they will know is if you email feature-request@elektron.se , otherwise this is screaming into an inescapable void :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No. With a proper midi controller like a keyboard sending pitchbend, modwheel, eventually aftertouch. Totally different way of playing.

Anyway recording would be steppy, pass through wouldn’t.

2 Likes

ah, incoming midi, got it

2 Likes

At first, my plan was If this thread collecting enough positive information, I will ticket the link to elektron support, but maybe I was wrong! This is not a place to really talk a technique thing.

1 Like

Cmon… That´s a pointless comment just let the guy express himself… He brought up a valid issue who cares how he expressed it?
Ok back to the issue at hand…

2 Likes

Yeah but it sheds light on the issue for potential users so it definitely has a place, He can also e-mail Elektron and most likely will but I myself appreciate the information.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s bad to do, but there are likely dozens of similar threads that could probably have been bumped instead and I’m mostly just prioritizing that the best way to raise the request from Elektron’s perspective is to email that address, for that is how they would internally take note of user interest over discussion on a forum of their most dedicated users which may not represent the most broad scope of their userbase.

Hey, at least there are a few provided workarounds in the thread! Not what we’re looking for, but perhaps a little utility now.

I don’t disagree that it would be much better if it worked. I think it probably should have worked right from version 1.
I disagree with your way of expressing this.

I suspect English is not your first language, but even that barrier aside. You come across as pretty rude and demanding.

If you want a feature, or think there is a bug, create a support ticket or email the company. Creating a thread on a forum where you act like a spoilt teenager is not the way.

1 Like

Is criticizing criticism a taboo concept now? I do think it works both ways.

relax.
relax.

relax.

please relax this thread so there is no lock and people will have a place to talk about pwmpbatmeninblackbluemangroupucsdnyu as much as they want.

one more. relax.

thank you. let foxes be your strength in these tough times of imperfect machines.

7 Likes

2 Likes