Korg Volca Modular

Its basically out of a Volca Modular. Microfreak. Lyra 8. Or Pittsburgh Voltage lab. Then again I still have to built some sort of any track at the mo.

I would record with what you have before you buy anything new!

I will just buy the Volca Modular. Its all about the symmetry. Cheers Estragon.

1 Like

Just grabbed one of these on discount (not sure if it’s appropriate to ‘advertise’ the shop here, but UK google should show it up) - looking forward to diving in :slight_smile:

@darenager do you still sell those little mixers?

Yes sure do!

1 Like

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone is able to help me out please?

I just got the Korg Volca Modular and was wondering if I can control it via CV using my Korg MS20 Mini. I’m guessing that this might be possible, but do any of you clever people know how I might go about patching it correctly to make this happen? I’m reasonably experienced with synths, but CV is entirely new to me I’m afraid. I’m only used to working with MIDI.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Alex

If you scroll Up, Look at the Post of darenger. He sells a little Mixer that you can use to interconnect both.

Thanks pulsn, much appreciated :slight_smile:

@darenager - will this work with Hz/Volt as used by the MS-20 Mini?

It won’t convert Hz/V to V/oct but it can be used to attenuate either, it won’t be possible to get accurate tracking from the MS20 to Volca modular without a converter such as English Tear or Disting or similar.

4 Likes

Do you still sell the Midi in kits for the Volca modular?

@BoBSwanS yes I still have a few https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/micro.tech

2 Likes

Thanks very much

i do not see the midi in kits for the volca mod

@an3 just went out of stock, I will have another 1 or 2 in a week or so.

1 Like

do u have a mailing list for it ?

Hi Darenager

Wait you mean that on the Volca Modular you can, as for the Volca Drum, select one step and parameter lock knobs values on this only one step ?

Thanks for the info !

The way I handle non Hz/V rigs is to use the USB on the MS-20Kit to a Kenton USB2MIDI, this then feeds a CV OCD, with Gate and V/Oct.

Normally I just run midi gear this way, (sans CV OCD) but I have 3 CV OCDs, and I find then
a handy utility, just like the Mutant Brain that Eurorack users can buy.

The first synth I intent to test my Volca Modular in is the Vermona 14, as it comes with outputs for V/Octave, Gate. pitch wheel, and mod wheel CVs.

There is a tuning PDF on Korg that would show me how to tune up the CVs on the
Volca Modular.

So it does not transmit the animated cc, even if the sequencer is going?

One thing I have to try is this when my Modular arrives.
It scales down the CV down to some unknown scale for internal use down from
5V to 3.3V.

The Korg Monotribe, with the VCO mute mod, and VCF external CV has a tracking
on the self-oscillating filter somewhere around .5V per Octave.

Would it be possible if the output from the NOTE output would scale the self-oscillating filter in a chromatic way that it can track the keyboard?

Experiments will find out either YES or NO!