KORG MS20 Full Size 2020

They absolutely should - I have one and it’s great, with many little detailed improvements over the original, not least being the mults that accept v/oct

1 Like

It’s my dream synth pretty much, I’ll probably buy the K-2 to keep me occupied until I can find one for sale locally and have enough money to buy it.

1 Like

I guess they made however many units of the module kit, then retooled the factory to make other Korg stuff… and now it’ll cost too much to retool again…

It’s just a guess. I know nothing about what it’s like to run a manufacturing company.

4 Likes

Did you get one?

I’ve thought about it. This would be the color too. It’s a head turner.

A very special synth.

ADDED:

Also in the same color

The newer AVP Synth Ritmobox analog drum machine.

It would sound good with the MS-20.

1 Like

Pair it with Elta Music Polivoks Mini Analog Synthesizer - Green CLEARANCE | Reverb for proper noisy effect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, somebody got themselves a fucking bargain there…

I’d love an Elta Polivoks.

2 Likes

Yeah, on one level envious but I don’t need yet another distraction :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Been waiting a long time for this. Nice looking piece of kit in person.

18 Likes

There are many MS20s. This one is mine. It is old. And it is brilliant.

8 Likes

there’s someone on MW with one for $350 as well. it’s in the states is the only wrinkle for you… but it would be a private sale versus Reverb (could help tax-wise).

2 Likes

I’d love to, but I’ve bought enough stuff lately to keep me busy till Christmas.

1 Like

Wondering if someone had new fs and mini both at the same time - is there really no sound difference between them?

even if we talking about 1%?

I have not compared the two, but a while back I saw someone ask a similar question on Korg’s Instagram, and they said the circuits are the same. But if I remember correctly, the Mini only has the original filter, and the FS has two selectable filters, so there will be a more sounds just having the second filter.

But, I would love to see a comparison just to see anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, haven’t seen any comparation between mini new FS. Curious…

I’m interested in picking up one of these to be sequenced by my octatrack. I see the midi capability is very limited - anybody using a similar setup? Encountered any major issues?

IIRC it is very limited, you can basically send note on/off commands. CV is much more interesting, but I’m not sure if it accepts CV without some sort of an adapter.

As above. Note only.
Another option might be worth getting a midi to CV converter that speaks hertz/volt and use the patch bay instead.

Of course there is the SQ1 sequencer for MS20, only trouble with that is, clock syncing with external gear. It will accept midi clock via USB, again, you’ll need a USB midi host to send midi from OT to SQ1.

much more fun with one of these ; )