KORG MS20 Full Size 2020

Yeah but to really nail Time Machines you need a Synton Fenix. :joy:

To keep this on topicā€”are these things actually shipping yet? Iā€™ve had one on order since last spring.

1 Like

7 Likes

Haha, wow. Iā€™d be forever worried itā€™d fall over. If they did one in white Iā€™d be taking out a loan :stuck_out_tongue:

I streamed some patch building and noodling today. MS20 / TR06 / TB03 / MOOD

5 Likes

Daaamn! Do they use a compatible pitch and gate CV standard?

True. Funnily enough, a friend with a Fenix did a pretty good job of just that a few years back.

1 Like

Dunno, but I just realised the jacks are different gauges :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Apparently not, according to this guide:

When the control voltage in question represents musical pitch, the ARP uses a standard scaling of 1 volt-per-octave over a range of 0-5 volts. When the control voltage represents a trigger or a ā€˜gateā€™, then it is treated similar to digital signals, with 10 volts being ā€˜highā€™ and 0 volts ā€˜lowā€™.

Not sure if Korg changed that, but I donā€™t see why they would if the circuit is the same.

1 Like

I was sold on the MS-20 FS this time a year ago, but the delays made me treat myself to a SSL SiX instead. Now that this is making its way out into the wild Iā€™m once again considering whether or not I should piss off my girlfriend by getting another expensive music device :thinking:

2 Likes

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

4 Likes

Question about the power supply. Is it universal, in that it comes with different leads for different countries? Or is it just a one and done cord?

Every time I see this thread go to the top I get confused that there is an MS20 For Sale.

5 Likes

I was glad I got my MS-20M as a birthday presentā€¦

3 Likes

It has an external 12V power supply that uses a standard IEC socket. Mine came with an Australian plug/lead. Very similar to the Elektrons, except the end that plugs into the synth clicks in very firmly.

I much prefer that to hardwired power cords.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info.

So are we all just going to ignore the red sq1 that is sequencing the MS20 in the title lost video?

:eyes:

Iā€™ve seen no publicizing of that.
I wonder what other colors they have coming. Definitely pops against the white MS20, which just sounds so good.

2 Likes

:wink:

Theyā€™ve finally landed!! (This particular one is at Control Voltage)

2 Likes

itā€™s the one vintage remake that iā€™d be interested in. had an absolutely mint one in the late 90s and stupidly sold it. i sampled the hell out of it and used those samples for so long in so many different ways.

3 Likes

I saw the enthusiastic geezer from Andertons playing the shit out of a blue one on YouTube the other day.

Sounded really good.

EDIT: here he isā€¦

5 Likes

Why oh why wonā€™t they bring back the module version?

4 Likes