Korg Modwave

That’s possible, a good functioning company has open lines of communication, so there can be an exchange of ideas, between the principal development team, and other teams.

You’d hope for instance that Korg Berlin, knows all the major projects underway across Korg, and vice versa.

1 Like

I would like a video tour of all of Korg soon. VR if possible.

1 Like

Where are you Modwave… zzzzz… Anyone hear anything new?

1 Like

I hear you. They dropped the announcement before NAMM, then… nothing.

I’d love to know how the Modwave sound compares to something like the Nord Wave 1. Different synths in how features are implemented but still lots of similarities. Wavetable, samples, various filter modes, fx, master reverb. Loads of voices, Bitimbral.

Inquiring minds want to know!

2 Likes

This shop says April 16 for stock
https://www.thediscdjstore.com/korg-modwave-wavetable-synthesizer-keyboard.html

4 Likes

Hmm nice find. If thats true might be here in the states later that month.

and the last few YT demos have all been audio accompanying a still picture of the Modwave wtf. I mean, video or it never happened.

A lot of time has past, since blipson asked this. Very surprised not having any further information with either, even now.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s a supply chain issue for components. I’m sure they can do a batch, but it will be a small run and might ruffle some feathers with retail partners in who goes first.

3 Likes

The few stores here in Japan that are showing dates say June 2021

2 Likes

Is it bad that I am not that interested in the wavetable synthesis, but am interested in this as a simple modern bi-timbral V/A with 32 voices and multiple filter types?

Also curious how the “multi-gigabyte” PCM library stacks up to something like the sample playback capability of the Nord Wave 1.

Still, I wouldn’t mind it having another octave. 37 keys is fine for mono synths, but the Pro 2 has taught me that for paraphonic or polyphonic, 44 and above does make a big difference.

5 Likes

Some bad juju going on with MI and pro audio parts lately. :expressionless:

1 Like

I really expect they’ll do an SE version of this too, eventually.

I can believe that. If so i’d think Korg would say so officially within a month or so.

Seems like a nice complete digital synth, with its range of capabilities. Looking forward to getting more information.

1 Like

excellent, yet another product to wait an eternity for! haha

and while I’m ranting, I’d also love to see some chord memory. In other words, I probably just want a Nord Wave 1. :thinking:

4 Likes

Didn’t the last Osmose update also say June? So that’s a good three months, then deal with the space crisis of two simultaneous devices. Personally, I’m looking forward to the alternative controller Erae Touch promised in April. It might possibly free up some space by replacing a couple of other things.

Oof, I’ve been interested in a Prophet VS for ages, then I wanted a Microwave 1, perhaps this may get me in the same crunchy filthy Wax Trax aesthetic, if not quite same sound. I would still love to have the sound… but $600 versus $2000+? I may be convincible.

2 Likes

No, makes perfect sense! I love it when an instrument does things its own way and features you wouldn’t normally be interested in open up your options and expand your appreciation for them :3

1 Like

Good to remember that the oscillators, can do both sample playback and wavetable sounds.
It’s not purely a wavetable synth.

As the Korg Modwave page says:
Or, layer wavetables with samples from the built-in, multi-gigabyte PCM library.

You can also load and create your own wavetables.
I’m not sure if you can load your own samples.

1 Like

This whole global chip shortage thing is really cramping my style of buying new and exciting. synths.

5 Likes

They’re just going to have to build an all discrete circuitry version in the mean time. Slight downside is it will be the size of a pipe organ.

4 Likes