Korg Modwave

8 Likes

It’s a ridiculous synthesizer and we should all ignore it.

Great summary at the end there :joy:

9 Likes

Looks reaallly dope

2 Likes

I think Angus needs to lay off the coffee for a while.

5 Likes

damn. it looks F U N.

3 Likes

Man, Korg is killin’ it lately.

8 Likes

For some reason (and although I know that, from a spec point of view, they are quite different), it reminds me of the hydrasynth, with the ability to load wavetables, a sequencer, and minus the mutators. I would be curious to read the manual to see the signal path.

3 Likes

bless korg, been really hoping they’d do this and am so glad it’s finally here. excited for third party vids to drop, wanna hear what it can do!

There are demos available here (french website but go down the page, there is a soundcloud interface):

4 Likes

Love how Korg is discovering their legacy in digital synthesis. Some of my favorite synths are hybrid or digital, and digital synthesis is still very underrated imo today (as there are a million analog clones and reissues but very few digital).

5 Likes

Five LFOs ya’ll.

:wave:t3:

20 Likes

and most of the digital ones that do exist are analog clones too! lol

1 Like

yeah i meant third party demos from reviewers, patch programmers etc

I was looking for a hardware wavetable synth for some time now, which allows easy integration and creation of user wavetables. My Blofeld can do it, but it’s not very handy. So I thought the Quantum or the Iridium would be the only candidates, since the Hydrasynth seems not to get this feature.

Now this 
 amazing 
 waiting to see first reviews on this machine.

I figured Pro 2 with it also controlling some VSTs, Typhon. I’m pretty set.
Thought I was done buying synths.

And then this monster shows up.
This monster that reminds me so much of my old Shadow Black MWXT, but goes even further
This monster with all of its modulations, filter options, FX

8 Likes

interesting.
I was on a ‘you should try a hydrasynth’ trip the last few days. Comparing synths has become a fulltime job

7 Likes

Understandably digital clones have gone almost completely VST.

1 Like

Which is weird but I think big part of the sound of these units is their D/A (aka “analog”) stage. Or some even has analog filters like the Korg DSS-1.

Case in point I have a Roland SDE-1000 which has a 12bit AD/DA stage and its supposed to be a delay but I actually use it as a 12bit “sampler” (in reality I just do it like DAW -> SDE -> DAW) and its super crunchy and I love that sound.

1 Like

There’s a rough overview of the voice structure on the Korg page:

3 Likes

Korg is killing it, just love their philosophy towards synths (especially for a major corp) even I don’t love everything they release. So just YAY KORG from me, a fanboy.

3 Likes