Korg Modwave

I’m right to the edge of that. I still want to hear more and learn more, and perhaps get hands on, to decide for sure i’d buy one. I am grokking with the design already though.

Time for the stream of videos, Loopop, etc.

1 Like

Go play a Wavestate! Shared lineage and all that. See how you get along with the menu interface, screen, FX, sample browsing…

1 Like

He’s a mod. Only a Modwave will do.

11 Likes

and a published manual, dang it!

2 Likes

I wonder what the source of this is:

3 Likes

ALE MUNARO appears from his YouTube channel to be an Italian speaking Audio Design Tester, who works almost exclusively for Korg. Nice demo for the Modwave.

4 Likes

As far as I know, the video creator has not been involved with the modwave. The audio is entirely from Korg’s already-posted SoundCloud demos.

1 Like

Thomann has it listed.
$799 US

“Available in several months”

Kinda unlike Korg to announce something so far in advance of availability, no?

1 Like

Juno says, “coming soon,” so they must have an in with Korg. Or maybe several months is considered soon in Germany.

1 Like

“soon” is an inaccurate and irresponsible expression in Germany. Either you know the arrival date or you don’t.

2 Likes

“Available when it is available”

1 Like

Not sure if someone else posted this already but great article diving into some deeper aspects of the modwave. Really looking good so far. Edit: looks like you guys were all over this already. I’m catching up :grinning:

3 Likes

I think they were just going for the grand slam at NAMM.

3 Likes

More like a Denny’s Grand Slam because I’m still hungry!

1 Like

Alright @Korg (are they even here?), feed this guy!!

Have we heard yet what Tats and his developers are working on ? That no doubt will be good !

3 Likes

I am hoping for an updated Prologue, with all of the features of the XD (even the sequencer), and more!

Also, and I think I have mentioned this before, but I want a grown up version of the Volca sample. Make it about the size of the Monologue, maybe with keys. Keep the same dirty sound and analog isolators, and add sampling and editing capabilities.

2 Likes

It’s probably a creative waste to have the Korg Berlin team doing tasks so easily defined. I’m expecting more the things we won’t be anticipating, small or large, done really well. Part of the reason for the Korg Berlin team is to open some horizons and define Korg as innovators again.

I do feel that the design team on the Modwave, has done a good job of that too.

2 Likes

I agree. This feels like something Tats would have worked on.