Korg miniKorg 700fs

It’s only 37 keys anyway, gotta have 61 for that main MIDI controller! 37 is enough for basslines (for sure) and leads (kinda) but I almost never play lead sounds on mine, it’s too much of a bass monster. Ugh man I want to get my order placed so bad, I’m locked in for mine but they haven’t asked for payment yet.

1 Like

I don’t think any of the reissue analogs made by Korg were designed to be great MIDI controllers.

MS-20 Mini
MS-20 FS
ARP 2600
ARP Odyssey
ARP Odyssey FS

I did not check for MIDI out on every single product but the none of the ones I randomly selected to check had one.

1 Like

no but they all do (from my understanding) one thing the originals didn’t: the keyboard still functions to play the instrument while you have it sync-ed up. the originals, you’d have to unplug the cv/gate cables in order to play the keys. annoying. of course, that’s because it’s midi and not cv/gate…

are they available for sale anywhere? I don’t see them…

yeah I may need to dig out my Wurlitzer from the basement to use as a stand. just for the sake of doing it! :rofl:

4 Likes

I was just amused to see

“Oh yeahhh, I put in my order!”

followed by

“Oh crap it don’t have a MIDI out!” :rofl:

1 Like

Pre-order.

Nice!

A friend of mine just picked up an original one a couple months back. I’m working on an expander for him.

Cool that they’re making these! Looks beautiful!

1 Like

Finally, a video of the 700FS being sequenced. He also shows the two types of Traveler knobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7f_hWjSEc

Good write up and video…

1 Like

Just for fun, I played this in the store the other day. To my surprise I liked it a lot, it’s one of the nicest sounding monos I’ve heard, and I liked the novel controls. The filter is great and it can even do a legit 303 impression which I wasn’t expecting! The spring reverb is also lush.

But, it is a bit too pricey. Moog Grandmother is an obvious comparison and that one’s half the price.

2 Likes

How’s the Keybed?

Those modulators sound pretty funky, and it’s so beautiful.

3 Likes

If I won the lotto, I’d love one of those on top of the new Rhodes. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

It would be awesome if they re released the 900DV. Considering it’s an evolution of the 700/S it shouldn’t be very hard. Price would be a factor tho.

1 Like

Does it respond to MIDI CC messages or only MIDI notes?

I’m trying to find the MIDI implementation chart.

Lately I’ve been lusting after this synth so bad and I’m losing the battle. It just sounds sooo nice, it’s something I cannot explain. I think I must sell my remaining modular stuff and get this asap.

3 Likes

Cracked, got one. :joy:

6 Likes

@Strutter I feel you! In the same boat but can’t find one for sale anywhere in US. Where should I be looking?

1 Like

These seem like they’ve only been available in AU

I was able to find one here in Finland but other than that I don’t know.

allegedly you can talk to your Sweetwater rep (or just chat with them if you don’t have one) and they’ll get you on the list or something. I don’t think they have a definitive price or timeline for it yet though.