Korg miniKorg 700fs

5 Likes

What’s with making a promo video that contains no actual sounds from the instrument

1 Like

Oh there’s one on the Korg website

and thick, penetrating lead synth sounds

:flushed: easy there, Korg

7 Likes

HOLLLLLLY SHIIIIIT!!! :exploding_head:

I’ve been after this synth for years. used to own a MaxiKorg (i.e. the Univox 800DV) and miss it dearly. this is the next best thing (MaxiKorg = two of these in one synth). finding one with cv/gate was hard enough. Korg added that, usb, midi, memory, spring reverb, an arpeggiator, and a case. fwiw, the original pops up (in good shape, serviced, possibly with cv/gate) for around $2k and looks like this’ll be around there.

4 Likes

Where’s the NAMM 2021 announcement thread :partying_face:

1 Like

Kitaro is the person who introduces me to the world of Synths. He his one of the reasons I went in that direction. Big influence on me. I owned and still own several CD’s of his work. For me, he’s the Father of New Age.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Goddamn.

1 Like
3 Likes

related to these new Korg releases:

fwiw, someone on GS says their Sweetwater rep told 'em Korg hasn’t given them a price yet and won’t let them post a sale page until NAMM official release (Friday, right?). so take the price with a grain of salt.

The handful of SC demos on the Korg site sound good to me.

I don’t need this at all, but it looks so good that I might buy it just for its looks.

2 Likes

This is a really Good looking Synth! Nice one, Korg!

Does FS means that there might be a cheaper smaller M Version?

700s is one of my fav synths - never thought I’d see a reissue of it! The ring mod sounds amazing, the traveler is fun to play with, and the chunkiness of the rotary switches for octave and voice settings just feels so good. From a tactile perspective, I’ve never played another synth like it.

7 Likes

I’m trying to un-GAS by reminding myself i have an Osmose on preorder, it’s going to be just fine for me as an expressive, playable synth.

As much fun as I’m having with my Matriarch, when I get a nice pattern going on it using the sequencer or arpeggiator, I can’t really play any melody lines with it, because the sequence/arp follows whatever I try to play on it. More practical to just have another keyboard around for that kind of thing.

OTOH the 700FS, while lacking the full power of MPE, is not as subject to the vagaries of OS firmware (bugs) and proper MPE implementation within the synth itself and any receiving synth.

1 Like

The original 700s had this clever little trap door on the back that you could open and store the power cable in. It’s missing on the reissue, but that’s just another detail about the 700s that makes it special. The original also had adjustable height rear feet so you could add a tilt and put the keys in a better playing position (since it was originally conceived to sit on top of an organ) but I can’t tell if that’ll remain on the 700FS.

The addition of a joystick for pitchbend and aftertouch on the keybed are also super welcome additions. This’ll be a really expressive little synth. Also one of the demos on soundcloud gave me the impression that it could possibly have a duophonic mode, which was not available on the orginal.

3 Likes

2000€

They have a lot of Self esteem

I will be buying one of these ASAP, my original 700 needs a companion!

4 Likes

i think this is great ,pass from me , but glad we have so many options for different folks these days!