Jamuary 2023

Nicely cinematic. Hard not to imagine something interesting/complex happening.

1 Like

Thx! Most likely something Deus Ex or Mass Effect related :upside_down_face:

This one’s dope.

1 Like

I skipped a couple of days, but am back with an Octatrack experiment. I took the 12 minute recording my sister and I did a couple weeks ago with the Rev2 and Lyra8, sliced it, and set up three neighbor FX tracks with various LFOs, and a recorder track with a couple neighbor FX tracks that was recording the first lane. Scenes were set up to fade between the two and also modify FX parameters. May do another less-experimental (random) one later.

Edit:
One thing lead to another…

4 Likes

Finally had the time to record something again.

4 Likes

This one came about from a convo woth @Oxenholme. We both took some samples from a Mission Brief based on a Synthfluencer review.

This is from Anderton’s YT page, and I sampled some of Jack Duxbury’s wonderful playing of the PWM Malevonant. I just added bass hits for now, because, let me tell you, he was not on grid, so I had to chop it all up and get the playing quantized, and get my 404 synced with the Syntakt.

Even though its not much, this took hours of work to get everything together… and I had a long day, so I figured I would post the results of the start, with the intentions of showing more progress on the Missions Brief thread we came up with.

5 Likes

I’ve found my medicine :heart:

4 Likes

did a dnb warmup to get ready for the battle, not a whole lot of polish here but it works for today

1 Like

Four more days of Jamuary—back in the groove! I’m really starting to feel good about these. Loaded a bunch of old found sound clips from my voice memos and really found some great ways to use them over these past few days. It’s exciting—I used to love using clips like these when I first released some music in 2018 and for whatever reason I just drifted away from it. Feels like I’ve found my way back home a bit!

31 Likes, 2 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 20 of #jamuary: leaned into the found sound and the memories that came with it and pulled out some vaguely beach-y vibes. Happy Friday!

#jamuary2023 #synths...

21 Likes, 0 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 21 of #jamuary: a quiet jam with some ill-advised knob twiddling at the end recorded just before going out to hear some much louder local electronic...

23 Likes, 0 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 22 of #jamuary: a chill Sunday morning jam to cap off a much-needed weekend of recharging. 🌇

#jamuary2023 #synths #synthesizer #electronicmusic #electronic #house...

5 Likes

Thank you! Sometimes I forget to make a little video during the process and I couldn’t think of anything better to show than those old sketchbooks. I’m glad you dig the doodles :0)

I did a little slow techno type of thing for today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnyhC5igHF-/

1 Like

Hi folks! Yesterdays track went into the bi-weekly sampling extravaganza thread but it was whacky

I got a 4MS SWN today and gave it a spin and yea… I like it. Will see how I get on with some custom wavetables but I can see a lot of potential. Used here for the dub chords/stab sounds :v:

Camera wasn’t running which is a shame as this was a fun little noodle, transitioned from some atmospheric dub stuff into something a bit more tech house.

3 Likes

Day 24
in Orbit jam and the lost footage - part 1
audio only

2 Likes

Day 24: ambient again, I really like this one!

8 Likes, 2 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 24 of #jamuary: chill music for a snowy day in Boston, peppered with the sounds of birds in Austin circa 2017ish. Tried to make a more intentional chord progression...

Day 24! This is an older current sounds thing that I’m trying to develop and hopefully release at one point. OT only for now.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

2 Likes

I need one more week to fix and upload my performance
We’ll need a February version of this thread

Oh God, no…

4 Likes

I am learning how to chop on Maschine… this beat is real basic, but I just wanted to post something for today and take a break from fighting equipment.

2 Likes

[

Steampunk synth quick performance #jamuary2023

](https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QSzhbLb3tYY)
Steam syntharorism in the night

2 Likes

God that’s cool!

Had a lot of fun using way more random elements than normal today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn0NRyPgVei/

2 Likes