Jamuary 2023

Submit by the Fifth! I’m sorry, I got mixed up.

I went and checked.

That’s my b-day I won’t forget the date but hope to have an entry earlier.

1 Like

a funny little version of the west African tune, Jarabi

5 Likes

Sorry @JES somehow accidentally replied to you. Not sure what I did but I was rushing.

Anyway, I was trying to post that after the earlier discussion with @BLKrbbt here’s a super quick stab at dnb using the first dnb drum loop I could find.

I had about an hour only to do this, so it is what it is…

But this is Pulsar-23 and some mangled woodwinds from Kontakt.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to hear it. Just have to wait till morning. Right now I’m listening to house in Chicago. Aathee on the decks!

1 Like

No rush. It’s not good… it’s a budding idea only, but your track is damn good.

Enjoy the show!

1 Like

Totally expect some house coming from me in the next couple days!

Here’s a snippet of my jammer for the 21st.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CntRgBrpFOn/

2 Likes

Yo, that’s dope. I like the crunchy bass being played with the filter.

Synths meet shakuhachi today:

Some deep dub techno goodness for your Sunday morning. Mostly just AR with some OT for extra spice :ok_hand: I probably should have made this one longer I was really grooving on it - I also think these kinds of tracks benefit from a slower build at the start, thoughts?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sucker for slow build ups on most types of tracks. That type of track yeah could easily just kept it going, groovey but just chills you out, dig it.

1 Like

came up with this last night (so-called real time)…zilch lyrics (obviously), and zero beats, but still…making shite up right? Who doesn’t like midnight wine-infused mumbles?

1 Like

Oh I like my jam today.

3 Likes

Day 22

1 Like

Number 22! OT only today with special appearances by the break of breaks and Jack of Andertons.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

5 Likes

“That one was actually ok” praise indeed/shock from my partner (followed by “turn it down” obviously…)

4 Likes

Man there are so many good jams to listen to in this thread!
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
So much inspiration too!
I can’t keep up with anything more than one submission a week I think but I’m loving this Jamuary concept.

Here’s my second ever submission, just a slow jam using the model cycles.

1 Like

I did a jam on the 20th and another on the 21st with many of the same patches and today sat to record them (because I’ve been going to bed too late) - and ended up recording them as a single track. Maybe I should record everything with the same starting patches and in the same key at 120bpm, then they can all just become one song!

Anyway, maybe it’s not in the spirit of the challenge, but - yeah whatever! I’m doing my best!

All Syntakt straight into the phone.

2 Likes