Is there a Sampler/Synth with a dedicated Keyboard

Waldorf Quantum?

I watched some more youtube about the kross, i think i see the workflow isnt for me either.

I don’t think it’s for anyone, really. I can see why one would decide to put up with it, given its features. But no sane or insane man could claim the workflow’s well executed.

If you’re a masochist you could dig out an Ensoniq Mirage. Editing Can be, erm, challenging, a tiny sample memory but you do get Curtis filters. Came in two flavours, a steel cased one and a later plastic cased one. To be honest I coaxed some nice sounds out of mine. If I’m not mistaken Kevin Saunderson used one with Inner City. Intro for Good Life deffo uses one or two of the library sounds.

Brand New Kurzweil PC4

As far as samples go it’s got 2 Gb of user samples, in a wide choice of formats, in addition to the 2 Gb of factory sample patches. Plus it has all sorts of effects built in.
Add to that various other synth engines with 256 note polyphony – 6-operator FM synth; virtual analog synth and both piano and organ modeling. Various control sequencers (plus a CC sequencer for modulations) and arpeggiators. Plus 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action, a lot of front panel controls. and all sorts of control input, like an optional Kurzweil ribbon controller.

This looks like a great value at the price if you are looking for the capability it provides.

A friend if mine is looking at buying a workstation. He asked for advices.

He is a keyboard player. He did not play music for like 15 years, and asked me some advices. He would like something with good keys, sampling and synth capabilities.

Money is a limit. Buying new or second hand are both ok.

I’m curious if some of you can provide any guidance.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I’ll read that thread soon!

I guess between 500 and 1k € would be a reasonable statement.

Good evening!

Yamaha EX7

1 Like

Yamaha modx

1 Like

The modx samples?

1 Like

Looks like Korg may do a new Triton recreation or something.
It’s rumor, based on a Korg tease video.

1 Like

You can bring in your own wav file and set them up as samples, with the AWM2 part of the MODX.
I don’t think you can capture audio directly though. (Someone please correct me if i am wrong on this.)

Cuckoo just did a great video showing detail on how to use samples in the MODX.
I put a link to it over in the MODX thread.

1 Like

Would be SO keen on that - I was about to start a new thread about how much I’d like an “octatrack keys” kinda thing with poly options/flexible voice stealing like a digitone. There aren’t a heap of currently available sampler/workstation/synth/keyboards around that are exciting. The old Ensoniqs still seem to have the monopoly on that vibe for my two cents.

1 Like

Actually
Pads :totes:

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

With all the reissues and reimagining of old gear, I wonder if we will ever see an updated version of the ASR-10.

I never owned one, but when I first started getting into sampling that was definitely a major alternative to an MPC and it has some real history that could be exploited for marketing (Wu-Tang Clan’s first album, all the early Alchemist stuff). After leaving hardware samplers and going into the DAW for a couple of years, I realized that I definitely prefer keys to pads.

I wouldn’t be tempted by a straight up remake, like with the SP1200s, but a well-designed updated version that doesn’t take up too much real estate in the studio would be a killer product I think.

4 Likes

Ive just ordered a SP1200 from Rossum. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s killer. I just watched this yesterday:

2 Likes

Ah Cookin soul. Love the guy. He dissed my S2400 at the start did you notice? Saying the SP1200 reissue is not a fake its the real thing.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Haha. I didn’t notice that.

Its looking highly likely that a keyboard version of MPC is coming soon.

2 Likes