Is there a Sampler/Synth with a dedicated Keyboard

And im on the fence. Not happy with Isla’s bloatware. Not fixing issues before moving on adding new features. And response time is getting very slow now all the orders have been met. Time to sell i think.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to hear if you like the Rossum one better.

If someone managed to pull this off I’d have to seriously consider it. I’ve always sort of been interested in an EPS16 too. Maybe something with both engines/converters with a slicker GUI and modern storage. I’d fukwitdat!

3 Likes

Thought I’d drop this in here - could be promising??

1 Like

if i wanted an MPC (without a keyboard) i would have just bought an MPC. if this is actually a sampler with a non-groovebox workflow, i.e., ability to map/stack multiple samples across the keyboard then i’m excited. but what’s frustrating with even great products like Blackbox is trying to get them (force them, really) to act the way samplers traditionally did before manufacturers ditched the keyboards. which is especially annoying when the cost of memory and storage is so relatively cheap compared to what $2k bought me for an Emax II in 1992 (2mb and floppy disks – the external HD was another few hundred bucks for 40mb). but happy to see what Akai might come up with for this

I know! Yeah I am worried they’re just slapping a keyboard on but I’ll certainly keep an eye on it. I’ve had old ensoniq and yamaha kinda workstation sampler keyboards in the past and loved em, but just want a modern version with easy file management etc, not many around!

Take all of my money!!

1 Like

I mean if the Digitakt had the Digitone’s voice management and MIDI mapping it would be a pretty rad. Then you could use sounds and zones to make multisampled instruments. Finger drummers could play more than 8 samples at a time. It would rule.

Do it, Elektron.

4 Likes

I used a Korg Microsampler a while ago. It was pretty nice. The sequencer was ok ish. Nothing fancy though.

I’m actually sad I got rid of it. The keys were nice too. Like the Microkorg xl

1 Like

I’ve never had one, but my best friend does and he LOVE’s it.
IT definitely does many cool things that make up for it’s quirks!

The sequencer was my favourite thing about the Microsampler - up to 99 bars and 16 patterns you could switch between during playback.

I ended up getting a Nord Wave 2 for this —aside from the Nord, and the Sequential Prophet X there really aren’t many options for this kind of thing. I’d like a new one, especially from Elektron — would be lovely.

2 Likes