Is M:S abandonware?

Does this mean I can do an entire live set using any of the 576 samples across say 16 patterns?

Yes

3 Likes

Wonderful

I know it does not sample but I think the Model Samples is a very under rated Elektron product

10 Likes

I agree 100%!

3 Likes

This has been fixed in the latest update: OS 1.13. Definitely too early to say the M:S has been abandoned.

7 Likes

just posting here bc its been nearly 1.5 years since the last update with OS 1.13 in May '21.

feels abandoned.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t necessarily say ā€œabandonedā€ but maybe less of a priority. Or maybe itā€™s pretty much exactly what they envisioned and thatā€™s that :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Also, it does what it was announced and advertised to do, and then some. Thatā€™s a product in my opinion. When Elektron drops huge updates, thatā€™s icing.

11 Likes

what could they realistically add to the models? the screen is too small for certain things.

• attack parameter would be most welcome.
    anything else?
5 Likes

An indicator of unsaved changes (similar to the Anyma Phi, with similar screen constraints) would be nice.

2 Likes

Elektron just sent me a new button map because my func knob was broken again. So itā€™s not fully abandoned.

1 Like

Iā€™d love a punch parameter on MS ala on the cycles. would love MS to get as grungy as MC can. the way MC distortion breaks up when pushed is glorious.

1 Like

This, from earlier today, is somewhat relevant ā€¦

5 Likes

Scrolling text (for file and folder names)
Scales/Keyboard Fold
Maybe a 2nd LFO if thereā€™s enough power

5 Likes

Good one

Not sure where in the menus and button combos they would fit that in (pad menu, trk menu ?) but good call

Yep ā€¦ 2nd press or long press on LFO setup should cover that. That I would really like.

Might get more notice here ?

2 Likes

+1 :+1::+1:

this would be my number 1 request, along with attack parameter.

2 Likes

Is ā€œabandonwareā€ what we call this now? You have to call a product done eventually.

8 Likes

If they would add the ability to trigger patterns with MIDI notesā€¦ thatā€™d do it for me. Everything else is just peachy.

True. And Iā€™m happy with the M:S now. At the same time, you canā€™t get what you donā€™t ask for

EDIT: and you have to be gracious when your request is denied

1 Like