iPhone = best friend of boxes from Elektron

Hello. I am sure that the best partner for creating music for digitone users will be an iPhone! It’s clear that the Koala sampler application (which, unfortunately, I don’t use yet) is currently one of the best solutions for acphones in this regard. But my favorite now ~ Synth One ~ this is a free application - a synth that works like clockwork with my digitone! And which application today pleases you the most and best complements your digitone in your opinion?

3 Likes

I would like to see such functionality and quality in iPhone applications for use with electron devices:

• beautiful sound algorithm
  • wide midi capabilities
  • support for relative encoders when learning via MIDI (for robots with additional miles of controllers at the sound design stage)
  • automutation
  • work in the background
  • intuitive sampler / looper with wide possibilities!!!
  • sequencer similar or additional functionality to elektoron and with external hardware devices with fine sync
    ----- AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING -----
    I want the application to be able, like an overbridge, to separately record each sound with given parameters directly into the sampler with the further ability to work with a selected group of samples in order to apply the same actions to all selected records

Loopy Pro.

That would be ‘Overbridge’ and don’t count on that ever being released for iOS.

There’s also a fantastic, and very long, thread on iPad/iOS apps:

2 Likes

Tell me, is there already an application that will provide all the listed or alternative functionality? If not, then who would ask the friendly developers of our beloved company elektron, who are not attentive to their users, to send us such an application??? Maybe they’ll also treat us to a free coming-of-age gift for iOS 17.4?

The only thing that I know of that comes close to checking all the boxes of your feature requirements would be Drambo:

Very powerful. Still, you will likely never see anything like Overbridge on anything but the current platforms. Elektron provides no way to access the individual audio channels in any way other than through Overbridge.

If you want some Digitone-specific patch generation iOS software then, take a look at our own @mekohler’s Harmonix:

6 Likes

I use my iPhone all the time when using the Digitone! Turn the DN on, grab the iPhone and read this forum, turn the DN off!

It’s sad because it’s true!

23 Likes

Unfortunately, the iPad is very large and fragile, and Elektron devices are not small, so I would like an application for the iPhone! AUM and all this crap with a bunch of plugins is a whole different world :slight_smile: I would like a self-working application like Koala - all in one, but more beautiful and more native for electron musical instruments! I’m thinking of renaming this theme for all elektron devices but putting the emphasis on phone applications. Thanks to all the people who support me.

RIP(for now) of one of my favorite sound makers on iOS.

Frum(pouring my drink out for that one) app no longer available. And the hardware version of it isn’t going to be ready for another few years.

Keep your ear open for that one though, because that’s going to be the proper modern Machinedrum replacement(damn did I love that app :cry:)

3 Likes

Check also Downbeat . Its an app similar to Koala but it can host other apps. It’s quite Ok .

1 Like

Have Elektron ever done any kind of mobile app? I don’t believe so.

Mobile app development is a whole different ballgame to programming for their own devices. Even Overbridge and Transfer are different again.

It’s also not an area worth getting into for big profits. No one’s going to pay decent money for a mobile app, so you would need to rely on number of sales instead.
If it’s also specific to Elektron devices, then you’re already limiting you potential user base, and again if you’re limiting it to iPhone.

Why does this need to be on a phone in the first place? Phones are for communicating with people and for keeping yourself amused on the toilet. Beyond that, there are far better tools.

Nope, but now and again I’ve found myself wishing for a version of transfer to run on iOS.

1 Like

I tested Downbeat. it’s cool, but in this application there is no control over parameters via midi at all, if I’m not mistaken, there are only notes. And sometimes he constantly asks for a purchase offer right during the live, which turns off the sound and turns on silence until you click on the cross, sly crap.

Yes, iPhone is very useful for posting your DAWless jams to Instagram. You can also use it to call the emergency services when your jam is so hot it sets the internet on fire.

2 Likes

I don’t have a toilet, a bathtub, a shower… even in winter I soap myself in the hallway and then go outside and douse myself with water from a bucket. So I have no place to play with my iPhone. But here we have free clean water and food not from the supermarket, and milk is given by cows and not cars :slight_smile: sorry for the offtopic, but everywhere has its advantages, one of which is that I have the ability to make music! I have been looking for a synthesizer for a long time to complement my favorite digitone and get a minimalist setup for creating and performing intellectual electronic music. I tried different portable synthesizers and samplers and I didn’t like anything as much as synthesizer apps for iPhone!!! Because they use digi as a sound card and I don’t need to poke anything into the audio input, select high-quality audio cables that did not save the sound quality when connected to digi boxes! If you don’t understand what I’m talking about, try connecting some expensive hardware synthesizer to a digi and then with the same wires to a motu, rme or uad audio interface and you’ll understand what I’m talking about! iPhone is 100% better than Android for music. Even on Android, all applications break down, so I didn’t even bother with Android, since there is no point in developers throwing away their work for the Android platform. For example, Koala sampler can be easily installed on Android for free.
I think that in the current situation on the market, it makes sense for elektron to create an application for iPhone with all the necessary features that can bring their devices to a competitive level! A free application for iPhone with all the listed functions can solve the problem with the lack of hardware resources of boxes to update their functionality to the modern level of musicians’ requests! They can link this application to the owners of the electron boxes so that only they can use the application! If we talk about versatility, then they can make a couple of their own plugins for iPhone with synthesizers, which can not only be used by owners of digi boxes (especially digitakt) with this free software, but also others inside other applications like drambo, garageband…

Yes, I agree, now everyone doesn’t like Apple because the company is sponsoring a war in the center of Europe. But this is not entirely true, since many people besides Apple, even in Europe itself, are not against this war, and not only the components of huge trading corporations! But we can’t underestimate the quality of Apple computers for musicians.
For example, I now live in Ukraine and that’s why I created this topic because it’s not possible to buy this whole bunch of paid applications in order to ultimately choose one that works for me with my digiton. I don’t use a credit card but only cash for most reasons and my only way out of this situation is to choose one of the whole number of paid applications and ask my friends to send me an apple gift card by mail for a maximum of $ 20 and then it will be large discord for me.

Oh, so you want it for free as well? You don’t ask for much! :sweat_smile:

They are a business, and therefore need to make money. There is zero incentive to spend the amount of time and resourses that it would take to build this app. only to give it away for free.
Would you spend a year of your time developing something to just give away for free? Especially when doing so meant that you could not work your normal job, so would have no income in the meantime.

If you want it, your best bet is to learn how to code and write it yourself. I guarantee if/when you finish, you will want people to pay for it (if you make it publicly available).

2 Likes

I have a higher education in economics and have experience in the field of marketing, so I know what I’m saying! Look how much digi boxes cost on the secondary market. Most likely, it’s not difficult to write such an application since you’re asking a stupid Ukrainian woman like me to do it :wink: so draw your own conclusions. This world is designed in such a way by its Creator that even big businessmen can be forced to do what is right for consumers if they themselves do not want it :slight_smile:

You should totally get one!

1 Like

While there is no money to finish the old house in the village, when this hybrid war-genocide in Ukraine ends, I will be able to finish the work on the house and will definitely buy an Apple Vision and hang it in the toilet so that it will not be so gloomy, but these are still plans for the future :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’m going to the garden :slight_smile:

Digitakt is the main brain for anything I do, usually with either Digitone or a pair of moog voices… but even just DT/DN is too big and heavy for most trips, so I’ll use my iPhone over USB with DT when I need to keep things small.

Audiobus + Sunrizer!

Slave sync, stability, easy midi learn, mono/poly, great sound! Just figure out the parameters you want to control through DT and have yourself some fun

That said, an iPad mini would be nice to have just for access to iPad only apps like Moog Mariana…

1 Like