Harmonix - Digitone iOS App

Harmonix is an intelligent controller for Elektron’s Digitone FM Synth!

- Intelligent Sound Types (Pad, Strings, Keys, Organ, Bass, Noise, Perc) let you program Sounds with minimal effort
- Randomize / Morph / Reset various parameters of the Digitone (Tracks, Pages, MFX, Mixer, Mods)
- Various sound design functions and macros
- Mixer to control Track Levels, Mute, Pan, Drive & FX Sends
- Receive the Current Kit
- Randomize Modulations
- Snapshots for install recall of Sounds
- Manually launch Patterns or Queue up to 16 Patterns (Song Mode)
- Save / Load Presets
- Customizable Keyboard filters notes to the selected Key / Scale, and controls various parameters with vertical finger movement

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harmonix/id1444665934?ls=1&mt=8

36 Likes

Seems cool. Any chances of an Android version?

4 Likes

Nope, sorry :sweat: …I’ve only done iOS apps as I don’t own any android devices

1 Like

I might need to get myself an ipad.

3 Likes

This looks cool!
I’m gonna go click that public beta link now!

1 Like

If you’re using the Pitch Bend function, be careful as I just noticed the Digitone has a bug where it will never reset the oscillators to true 0 after releasing the pitch bend wheel (from my app or from any pitch bend controller)…this results in you being slightly sharp until you reboot the machine.

I submitted a support ticket.

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Improved variation of all Sound Types
  • New sound design functions…I like “S+H”
  • Added the ability to control more parameters with the keyboard

The update later this week will include a new view mode where you can see all Parameter values of a Track at once. This will let you lock, reset, or randomize individual parameters.

3 Likes

Update Out:

• Parameter View Mode
  • Replaced sound design functions Tighten & Loosen with Slow Env & Fast Env. This let’s you slow down or speed up all envelopes little by little
  • UI Updates
  • Bug Fixes

7 Likes

you make me a android version if I give you a old ass android phone?

%)

Never programmed for Android, it’s an entirely different beast, and iOS is where most music developers focus on :slight_smile:

Here is another scuffed video showing more of the algorithms and keyboard control: https://streamable.com/gnnhh

3 Likes

This is awesome! You rock!

1 Like

Thanks, looking for feedback on other sound design macros people often use, or other types of patches…I haven’t been able to consistently create drums…need to dig through some DT presets and see what tricks are used for percussion.

1 Like

Update Out:

• Improved all Sound Type algorithms
  • Added “AB Level” to Keyboard / Modulation Control
  • Added ability to invert the Modulation applied to each Parameter
  • Added Modulation slider above the Keyboard which also controls the selected Parameters
  • Snapshots will now be saved / restored each time you launch the app

5 Likes

Final Beta out:

• Copy / Paste Tracks
  • New Sound Type called “Classic”
  • More Sound Design functions
  • Added toggle to control All Tracks at once with the Keyboard
  • Changed Keyboard “note hold” function to standard “latch” behavior

It’s incredibly easy to sound design with this! I’ve received some great demos of stuff people have been making. This is the final Beta, but I will be constantly adding more functions and modes to it. Hopefully progress is made on the sysex decoding as well.

5 Likes

I’ve received some great demos of stuff people have been making.

Any examples?

1 Like

I’ll have to ask if I can post their tracks

2 Likes

I like Harmonix very much. But the way to change key/scale/octave etc. with finger movement is difficult to handle. I would prefer a popup box and from there scrolling to the choice you want to make. Or maybe both ways by double tap?

1 Like

You can swipe up / down and left / right to change those values, but I will look into adding a pop-up selection this weekend.

2 Likes

How close are you to releasing this on the App Store? I’m looking forward to getting it.

After New Years I think. I’m going to leave it as a free beta until then so people can try it out.

6 Likes