iPad Music Apps?

SunVox has a WiFi serve, which made it quite easy to copy a SunVox project from my iPhone to my iPad.

But I don’t think there’s much consistency in how data is shared between devices for apps. In the case of Xequence 2 Airdrop seems to work fine, as far as transferring MIDI files between iPhone, iMac, and iPad. Some apps do implement share/import with Dropbox.

1 Like

I find few apps sync well. GarageBand is perfect in this regard. Other apps – AudioShare for example – default to local storage and you have to manually copy/sync.

On the other hand, AirDrop is amazing for direct transfer between devices, and requires no network or internet connection.

1 Like

Does anyone know an app that lets you do tempo synced midi pattern changes, like abeltons session view.

Beatmaker 3 is the closest but I find it’s flaky unfortunately.

I think modstep…? Haven’t used it for ever, but I think it does.

1 Like

Oh that’s a good idea, ive already tried it but it didnt work on my ipad.

I have atom but I cant see a way to go change patterns

Korg Gadget

1 Like

Perhaps LK, in MIDI-only mode:

1 Like

I was wrong. Beathawk lets me select individual patterns to press Play on, but I cannot launch MIDI patterns off of pads Ableton-style.

If the functionality is in there, I may have to do a lot more reading and video viewing.

I just noticed that gadget 2.5 is out.
Three new gadgets; two retro videogame gadgets and a gadget port of the electribe wave. The desktop version got an update too, now apparently all gadgets are finally available also on windows.

Bought the electribe wave and got it working in gadget straight away. wavetables with FM, yummy! With MS20, wavetables and montreal sampler, gadget got a heckuva more experimental sounding :+1:

some morning noodlings with the new wavetable gadget

now if they’d just allow AU3 plugins to be used in the FX slots… Gadget sorely needs some fabfilter love. The onboard eqs & comps are rather terrible…

2 Likes

The developers who do K7D have a sale on.

Got it. Seems really nice*. Relieved my Thyme GAS…

*When its not crackling everywhere! Whenever i open it from AUM it starts crackling like crunching plastic. When I go back to AUM it’s fine. Anyone had this issue? IPad Mini 4. CPU at 25%.

does changing sample rate help at all?

It didn’t. I expect there’s something I’m missing. I’ll write them.

Downloaded the Gadget update.

Tried to do Remote Install to get Memphis (iMS-20) on my iPhone, but nothing I tried works. This bums me out because i was looking forward to using Gadget with MS-20 sounds on my iPhone, while waiting for Nanostudio 2 to be updated to run o iPhone.

Back to learning how to use Nanostudio 2 and continuing Xequence 2 studies.

I love Xynthesizr, the huge grid is fun to work with. Wonder if anyone has ever mapped the MIDI for this to integrate with elektron boxes.

1 Like

Yup user error on K7D. I was using IAA not AU.

Great app.

I use it with a prophet Rev2 and it’s f%@#ing INSANE :heart_eyes:

Havent really gone too far with ios apps yet so I may not have reasonable ideas but I did message the Dev for Xequence 2. It might be stupid. It were basically to add a countdown timer to the Audiobus sidebar, for when you play non sequenced apps or non sequenced audio ( tc-performer, touchscaper etc , external audio ) On these daw like apps ( Xequence 2 ) theres a line or loop line. If another line were added and you set the line. On the Audiobus sidebar there would be a countdown timer. It might start with a red circle then countdown for when you want to start playing another audio, as tc-performer, touchscaper are full screen. This way everything should be recorded in AUM in a perfect arrangement ready for a DAW. What do you think ? Is it easy to remember when a break may start or finish as to not need a visual or is it easy to cut and paste in a DAW. If everything could be played back perfect in AUM, you could then focus on effects and fading etc?

So it would basically combine sequenced stuff in Xequence to non sequenced stuff on one ipad. Hopefully have perfect timed recordings in AUM, so it can be played back perfectly in AUM for further construction before a simple Audio DAW.

I might try the Xequence 2 + AUM + Audiobus 3 setup mentioned in the manual at some point. I can see the advantage of using AB3’s transport controls.

Currently using my spare time on Zoia instead

What are you using a Zoia for, or in combination with IOS ?