iPad Music Apps?

There is also a Mozaic FB group that is fairly active.

I havenā€™t compared as I donā€™t own any for iOS except in Auria and Iā€™ve never bothered to do a side by side.

I assume they are the same because why would FabFilter spend the time and effort to code two separate versions? But, as I said, I canā€™t confirm for sure.

Someone on the Audiobus forum might do a comparison. Hereā€™s the thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33422/new-fabfilter-apps

Does someone know any DJ App (like traktor) for IOS , with external midi clock sync (through an audio interface , not ableton link)? Idā€™ like to use it with my digitakt

Iā€™ll check it out, cheers. I just thought it might be different cause iPads tend to have less juice than computers, hopefully theyā€™re the same. I quite enjoy the desktop versions

Please post your results, although Iā€™ll probably end up getting the reverb and the EQ, regardless.

At some point.

Especially since it looks like I might be trying to avoid pedal GAS by using AUM and the ridiculous number of AU FX I own. :smile:

The most fully featured iOS DJing app I know is DJ Player Pro. It has support for NI stem audio files and is pretty deep, might also have MIDI sync?

https://djplayerpro.com/

EDIT: yes, supports both link and MIDI clock sync

1 Like

thanks .
Damn itā€™s perfect but i donā€™t like the subscription thing :disappointed_relieved:

IIRC they also allow a one-time payment. But the dev said he must use a subscription-based business model or he goes bankrupt, too little sales he saysā€¦

Just installed the new iPadOS public beta that dropped yesterday. Havenā€™t encountered any bugs so far, but Iā€™m only one hour in so YMMV

Man, using safari feels so classy now! I have grown used to iOS browsers, having native desktop web pages feels great again. the pencil comes handy for dealing with UIs built around desktop mousing, feels decent enoughā€¦

Plus, the feeling of buying a bandcamp album, downloading it and then dumping it onto a USB / microSD card without a hitch - Wanted this on the iPad for so long! Even zipped archives unzip straight in the files app just by tapping the zip archive. I can retire my Kingston mobilelite wireless :diddly:

iPadOS is FINALLY giving me what Iā€™ve missed from not having a laptop at home. Things can only get better from here :wink:

15 Likes

Wonder what sidecar is like with DAWs such as Bitwig. I tried bitwig with Duet display (wired) but the latency is not responsive enough to make it fun to use.

Your experience sounds very positive so far, thanks for the update.
iPadOS does appear to deliver what iPad users have been waiting/asking for.

cant remember if it can do what you want but check out the criminally underrated Soda DJ App
https://zerodebug.com/soda

1 Like

Having a lot of fun with http://warmplace.ru/soft/ans/ recently.

The new version has turned it from a fun curiosity into a great tool.

thanks

maybe not so much what you need, but for a bit of ambient I really love this app: Bowls HD

1 Like

Since i have this model:samples in my living room, i am looking for iPhone/iPad apps to combine.
Yesterday i starter playing with synth one
It is great, not only a little bit, it is amazing (and crazy unough it is for free)

I bought the Fabfilter Reverb on iOS and own it also as VST/AU plugin. Itā€˜s hard to compare the versions because my studio setup and my iOS setup are so different, but I can confirm that the iOS version sounds fantastic!

3 Likes

Dammit. :laughing:

1 Like

Having fabfilter-R as an AU sounds appealing, even though I already bought the IAP version of it for Auria. Is the AU version heavy on the CPU?

1 Like

Yeah, I really like it so far! Some apps seem to have drawing/redrawing issues, but Iā€™m sure this will be sorted in time. Like firefox, its been behaving a bit weird under iPadOS. But safari works great in the meantime, guess Iā€™ll switch back to firefox once they rollout iOS 13 compatibility.

2 Likes