iPad Music Apps?

Yeah this is super annoying. I want to use AUM as a effects/mixer, and for it to have my digitakt sequence ipad apps. It almost works, but lack of external midi sync and transport stops it being 100% locked in. I’m mailing the developers about it, we’ll see if they do anything. They seem to be reluctant to rely on external midi for anything and expect IAA and Link to do all the syncing work.

For the moment I’m sequencing and triggering apps like elastic drum and zeeon sort-of directly from digi through AUM without using the AUM transport, works just fine. But it does mean I can’t use synced effects like loopers or fuege etc.

Running aum trough audiobus and let audiobus be the master clock works pretty well

Iam building a loopy templaye to be able to boince recorded loops iam using audiobus as master for dt and link on all internal ios apps, setting bugger low 128-256 works like a charm, remeber heavy cpu load affecta clock acciracy though. Oam running everything on my iphone 8 works good

1 Like

Link to this?

Just stick Factory and Sugar Bytes into the App Store search bar. It should just pop up.

1 Like

Holy shit this actually worked. I am a bit skeptical about how solid this will be tho, with things nested in other things. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Depends how heavy synths you are using, iam running aum prettu heavy with 12 channels mixbises a dozen aum filters and 3 auv3 synths ( synth master player, troublemaker, mood) and loopy on an iphone 8 no problems

1 Like

factory - it seems fine , i’m not sure its my style though , i think i prefer zeeon / sunrizer type classic sounding synths .

recent purchases.
mozaic - could be very handy , bram bos does great plugins.
K7D - nice cassette style delay.
octachron - reasonable 8 track drum sequencer.

1 Like

Tried it, worked a treat. Thanks much!

Thanks for this suggestion K7D has amazing presentation. Having trouble getting anything sounding usable. But that interface alone will motivate me to dig in and figure something out for it.

I actually liked Xythesizr, but had some Midi issues with it. Maybe this got better meanwhile, need to check it out again.

Here a recent reference on Xynthesizr & iPad apps by RMR:

Try to desactivate Link in xynthesizr.
Host xynthesizr in Audiobus3 > send it to AUM and voilà.
With Link you can’t use midi learn in xynthesizr ;(
Now i use AB3 to receive midi clock from my OT and its really stable. Before this I used the app MIdiLink sync and honestly I find the sync better in AB3>AUM
Nice update from Audiobus :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Anyone have any suggestions for a Digitone alternative in iOS? I’ve tried Phasemaker, which I did not like at all, and KQ Dixie, which is a bit more DX-series style. It’d be soooooo dope if Elektron ported the DN/DT to iOS.

1 Like

Someone’s working on mutable instruments modules for iOS

11 Likes

So what is the general consensus: what is everyones favorite piano roll app? I just want to take down quickly a bass line I have in my head.

(Why not learn to write sheet music you ask. I would answer you ask a good question.)

1 Like

Synthesia ?

1 Like

Xequence? Atom if you’re looking for MIDI AU in AUM?

1 Like

I like Gadget. I should note though that it was originally a self-contained app that didn’t play well with others. Nowadays it has MIDI in and out, but still doesn’t play nice with AUv3.

2 Likes

I would need AUv3.

Looks like Atom is the way to go.

1 Like

In theory I should be using AUM and AU plugins more often to keep up with other IOS musos but I always seem to work faster with the integrated sequencer-synth-sampler apps like Gadget and Sunvox.

Last standalone MIDI sequencer I tried was Xequence - was just baffled by the UI.