iPad Music Apps?

Cheers.just downloaded it.hoping can use with audioshare on ipad for sample fodder

Got it a week or so ago. Pretty dope. I canā€™t figure out how to route the lfo to anything, though.

1 Like

Try the Modwheel. Lots of old school synths have modulation depth tied to the Modwheel.

my main tip for ios music , get AUM , a few apps and learn how to route things to each other , its a very flexible crazy modular thing.

i always use the bram bos stuff , various LFO into other app parameters , generally if they have midi cc you can assign an lfo to anything
and itā€™ll sample/record things on bar boundaries for easy octatrack mangling.

aum also has generic processing , like limiters , wideners etc ā€¦
and Noir is mad , a bit like a Rytm engine with fm , lots of modulation , can make very nice sounds.

2 Likes

Oh yes. So I found out that the new headphones are very revealing indeed, and lossy compression is often audible regardless of headphone out used (tested with my Apollo twin for comparison).

But he most bizarre thing is that some commercial music sounds totally ok even in lossy format with these headphones, whereas most music doesnā€™t. Perhaps those songs are mastered for lossy playback?

so Iā€™d say the headphone dongle is not at fault here

Anyone know if itā€™s possible for AUM to follow midiclock or recieve transport from an external midi source (in this case my DT)? It looks like it canā€™t to my eyes, which is upsetting :frowning:

OK so i used google. AUM doesnā€™t accept transport or clock from external sources other than ableton link. So Iā€™ve used the midilinksync app to accept midi from by DT and convert it to ableton link. Easy.

3 Likes

yeh its a bit annoying , i tend to just record loops at 120 and dump them onto octatrack .
i wish they did more / easy inputs for tempo / sync
i tend to do all my delays / filter sweeps etc tempo sync to make it easier too.

BramBos is teasing his upcoming app Mosaic - a scriptable AU MIDI plugin. It appears you can type your script on iPad instead of having to type it up on a laptop/desktop computer then upload to iPad.

3 Likes

So what are the essentials here?
Finally got the proper cck, and my partner bought me the moog bundle for my birthday :tipping_hand_man:t2:
Iā€™m hearing audio bus is a must, or aum?
Iā€™m interested in any devices that work well with digitakt workflow, and a 8+ voice piano for practicing (AK as midi controller)
But I probably wonā€™t get more than 3 more apps. Too much to dive into

1 Like

Good idea.

For me, AUM over Audiobus. Then AudioShare for utility file management.

4 Likes

probably

who wants to burst the bubble for him lads

9 Likes

I agree with Xā€¦ The three must have apps:

1. AUM
  2. Audioshare

Ok, the 3rd one is kind of in flux because of the rapid rate of change in the IOS world. Post some needs/desires and maybe we can suggest something for that 3rd slot

One thing that was missing from AUM was an AU MIDI plugin to record MIDI from your jams, generative MIDI sequencers, etc. so that you could later edit the recorded MIDI into a more finished work. Now we have Photon AU:

We also have Atom Piano Roll, which apparently can also record MIDI, plus do a bunch of other stuff to justify the slightly higher price.

http://audioveek.com/

Atom seems to have caught on more, so far.

4 Likes

Hahaha! You got me
Midi duties will all be from the digitakt, and the audiobus/aum role is mostly for routing audio between apps

1. Audio routing between apps
  2. A nice sounding piano with high polyphony to practice with
  3. An app you find immensely playable. (Simple hopefully. Animoog-iPhone and model 15 are pretty intricate)

Iā€™ll use these to give myself a break from the elektron paradigm, and generate DT food
DT HUNGRY

Check out AudioKit Synth One if you havenā€™t already. Very cool, feature packed, free Open Source synth app for iOS (both iPad and iPhone)

https://audiokitpro.com/synth/

1 Like
  1. AUM should handle most, if not all, of this requirement. You would only need Audiobus if you fall in love with an app that cannot be loaded directly into AUM
  2. Not really a serious pianist myself, but hereā€™s a poll from last year: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29000/module-ivory-vs-ravenscroft-spec-for-spec-comparisson
  3. I like the really simple apps for this, but thereā€™s too many of them to pick one. This is my latest acquired simple and fun app - ambient generator for DT/OT/whatever sample food. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cosm-music-for-your-mind/id1456263623?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
1 Like

Thank you!

I use MIDI Link sync app for this.

Pretty much the opposite of simple, but Sugar Byteā€™s modular app Factory is now on IOS. Itā€™s also a very different flavor than Model 15, to say the least.

2 Likes