iPad Music Apps?

Cools - thanks all. I’m gonna get the CCK and a powered hub so I can run my 2i4 from the iPad. I want to get that PolyPhase sequencer to hook up to the DN.

:slight_smile:

there are two different camera connection kits. one regular and one with additional lightning power input - this one can charge your ios device and power a hub / power hungry devices…

1 Like

Good call I have been sequencing everything I can with Polyphase. Love it.

1 Like

I checked out some Youtube vids last night. Blew my mind!

I downloaded TOPLApapp to my phone, but I get nothing out of the speakers. Am I doing it wrong? The instructions are pretty vague.

Ditto here. No audio. Will try headphones.

Keep hitting ? Until you get sound- it’s like a puzzle

For TOPLAPapp, make sure the “silence” hardware switch on your phone isn’t engaged. That caught me a few times.

2 Likes

Duh! That was totally it - I’m not used to that being a showstopper for musical apps. Thanks for the heads up! Wow, it really does make some cool, glitchy sounds. Could be fun pumped into some fx or the OT or both.

1 Like

Currently, a Roland Duo Capture EX - one of the very few Roland products that is USB class compliant.

Thinking of getting a Roland Go Mixer Pro next. I participate in jam track playalong threads. The Go Mixer will apparently let you record your live playing, the backing track audio, and video - all at the same time into iPhone/Android phone. Trying to figure out if it will also allow playback of said backing track on the phone instead of having to feed the track into an external audio input on the Go Mixer, and if it will work with iPad

Same here. I’m using AudioShare to record audio that I then share into Samplr.

1 Like

Got my iPad sunday. Immediately bought Phasemaker and Ripplemaker and… didn’t like them. Haha. I feel like Phasemaker is TO FM for me, I prefer my Digitone’s sound. I was hoping Ripplemaker would let me emulate (to a small degree) my 0Coast, but without “stackable” cables, it’s a bit weak the flexibility. I also checked out Ruismaker Noir. It seems cool, but I feel like it’s more of a “fx” drum synth than an actual drum machine, which is something I need - I’m thinking of checking out the regular Ruismaker. I’d love something that gives me Machinedrum and “analog” drums in the same spot. Is the Waldorf one still legit?

I’m really enjoying Samplr, and I plan on checking out Phosphorous 2 and Quanta Granular, along with Borderlands. I got Rozeta, which is fun for doing generative stuff, but I’m looking for a polyphonic sequencer for my hardware. I have BM3, but it’s a bit of a PITA to use (especially with how it kind of broke Rozeta hooking up to it). Has anyone used Modstep? I’ve heard mixed things (it’s great! it’s a pain in the ass!).

Try FieldScaper. Craziest sample mangler I’ve ever used.

4 Likes

Good tip :+1:

Ruismaker is ok, but quite limited if tweaking, deep editing is what you’re after. Ruismaker FM imo is much better in that regard. Or if you’re ok with stable IAA (instead of AU) than SeekBeats. One of the best sounding imo on iOS with fun randomizer. Also for sampled drums (+sequencing) Patterning 2 is worth checking out.
I’m using Noir as e-percussion, single voice with many articulations via velocity and pitch.
Modstep is pretty good choice for hardware sequencing. The interface needs a bit getting used to, but still better than BM3, and as seq only way more stable than BM3. Worth mentioning Gadget, recently got midi out module. Fast workflow + much much more. Also NanoStudio2 for linear sequencing is worth checking.

1 Like

Then there’s the audiodamage FM drum synth… What was it called again? IIRC had a different flavour thn ruismaker FM. I’d reinstall it but I’ve made a deal with myself to sticking just to my iOS essentials (Auria Pro / Gadget / Lurssen Mastering Console)

1 Like

Axon 2 is the audio damage drum synth. Really cool sequencer on that one and good sounds too.

1 Like

yeh, thats the one! its a fun app

Say, has anyone else updated to iOS 12.2? Installed the update yesterday and I think I am now experiencing that dreaded “battery drain bug” :crying_cat_face: Using 10" iPad Pro 2018

Yeah, Fugue Machine Auv3 update!

7 Likes