iPad Music Apps?

There’s the synclavier app, which has its own way of doing additive synthesis, among other things

AUM can record and play loops on its own, but will try Enso as well, thanks for the tipp.

audio damage phosphor 2

Thanks @tsutek & @Unifono, checking these out now.

Doesn’t look like they have the instant control over partials that I’m after. I want to make horrid, atonal, digital noises rather than organ-like sounds. I guess it’s quite a specific task.

1 Like

TOPLAPapp is great sample fodder towards the splintered shards of digital glass and static interference.
Not what you ordered but just saying :+1:t3:

3 Likes

This looks fun :slight_smile: Always look for more ways to make horrid sounds. :+1:

2 Likes

Would be lovely if the developer made this a little more fluid like

Really like this one. Wish you could buy additional presets for it

Awesome recommendation! Combining my love of puzzles with noise making along with my appreciation of free things.

What a cool developer!

1 Like

DN & DT screaming for pairing up with my iPad Pro :slight_smile:

What are your favorite FX - App recommendations?

Yeah there was RISCy too but it no longer works although I think it’s still available…

EDIT for the record, your honour, it does work.

Works for me

1 Like

Thanks for inciting me to check again, it’s been updated, it used to be black.
Glad it’s back, I lost hours to TOPLAPapp and RISCy!

EDIT RISCy still doesn’t work like before on my iPhone, there is an underlying noise with many of the patches. Real shame :pensive:

1 Like

Looooove ElasticFX. Turnado is cool too but I find the quality of FX is better on Elastic; not as flexible though (you can really get into the weeds with Turnado). Plus the automation recording is killer: it’s the same but not always the same. Super interesting.

1 Like

Heads up for anyone planning on getting a new iPad + Samplr… There seems to be an issue recording into the app directly via the mic. I’d read about it on the new iPad pros, but it’s also a problem on my new regular iPad. It was top of my music app wish list, so is a bit of a disappointment, though I imagine I’ll live ;). Wonderful app otherwise!

1 Like

Wish to Dog he would update it.

1 Like

Quick q: What audio / MIDI interfaces are you using with your iPads? I’m running SAMPLR and just using the headphone jack on my iPad Pro. I’d love to use CsGrain and Enso Looper live but have no way of getting audio into the iPad.

I use a Scarlett 2i2 with the Apple connection kit (the one with power). Works like a charm.

That said if you don’t have Bluetooth midi you’d need either an interface with both audio and midi like the iconnectivity ones or a powered USB hub.

I use both NI Traktor Audio 6 (when at home) and SPL Crimson 3 (when at the project cave). You can use a USB-C to USB-A cable without any extr dongles for both with the 2018 Pro iPads.

I didn’t buy either audiointerface just for using with iOS thogh. Recently have been thinking about getting an Apogee One just for iOS use cuz its much smaller and more convenient to use on the go.

1 Like

i use camera connection kit and a behringer uca 222. it is really cheap and can even be powered by the ios device. sound quality is fine for me… you get stereo chinch in and out plus 3,5mm headphone monitor jack (hardware monitoring)

behringer uca 202 is the same thing, just other color…