iPad Music Apps?

1 Like

looks really cool

Oh I really thought Taipei would have option to label the Cc knobsā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Closest was TriqTraq which Iā€™ve never cared for: more features, but I found the interface frustrating.

I like Koala because it nails the interface and is just complicated enough. People are bombarding the developer with feature requests on the Audiobus forum, but I think theyā€™re missing the point. You can also play and sequence samples chromatically, which is more than you can for the SP-XOX series! :stuck_out_tongue:

i didnā€™t particularly care for the app after trying it out. The lack of audio tracks is a huge hole for me, so maybe Iā€™ll give it another try once that feature is released,. But I also found a lot of the navigation and interface cumbersome, not unlike BM3.

1 Like

This is exciting news for me. For a while I was using iMS-20 to try out patching ideas for my MS-20 Mini. Hated the built in sequencer because I had to use knobs for note entry, and they could not be zoomed like the synth panel. Gadgetā€™s sequencer is so much more usable.

Itā€™d be interesting to see if the ESP section actually responds to audio input now. When the app first came out, it apparently didnā€™t work.

I donā€™t think anybody in the AB forum caught on to the new auto-beat generation feature in Gadget 2 - if anyone did, it was lost in all the forum noise. Also the tempo change stuff is cool.

1 Like

Koala :koala: ā€¦about to dive in a bit

2 Likes

I want to cover this song (Winter Days), which has a swing jazz/country kind of beat. The closest thing I could find was HipHop 5 with swing around 90-ish, using the 2nd slider of the auto-beat creator:

2 Likes

Refunded the iPolysix app as it seemed really redundant somehowā€¦ I failed to see the appeal since I already have the iMonoPoly?

Thanks for posting about new the tempo scene functions. Will come in handy.

1 Like

Having both I prefer iMonoPoly presets over the iPolySix ones, but I have no experience at patching either synth. The 2-voice poly difference doesnā€™t matter to me.

3 Likes

Any iOS additive synth recommendations?

Iā€™m a sucker for the kind of horrible sounds you can make with NI Razor & IL Harmor.

Not sure if you meant to but thereā€™s actually a synth called addictive synth that can get you there from Virsyn. Iā€™m very fond of Aparillo for making huge sounds.

1 Like

For 3 bucks, that was one of the easiest decisions to make! Thanks for sharing, it looks like a fun way to enjoy sampling and jamming on the go.

Iā€™m getting a bit swamped in options hereā€¦ Any opinions on the smartest way to mix three or four apps at once and record (/sequence?) the output?

AUM is an absolute must-buy for iPad music making. No sequencing though. For that: Rosetta Suite.

apeMixer looks promising too but I havenā€™t dived deep with it yet.

4 Likes

Yep, AUM is the thing.

AUM plus the new audio damage looper Enso is a very strong combo as you can record loops of audio and thus donā€™t have to rely on sequencing everything. Plus itā€™s AUv3 so you can put one on every channel. Have fun

2 Likes

Thanks a lot folks