iPad Music Apps?

Yeah. Terrible.
I’m curious about the randomization features

Well, you know, if you give a mouse a cookie, he’s bound to ask for a glass of milk (smirk).

Hell, it’s a wonder we ever got anything done before AUv3 support.

Personally, at least as far as drum machines are concerned, I actually prefer standalone apps. It is a whole $15.xx though, so I can understand the sense of entitlement. I mean, come on…

Cheers!

2 Likes

You can do it with Quantum.

1 Like

Looks like he beat me to it - the Tony Saunders apps (Quantum and midiSequencer)

1 Like

Any suggestions for something like an sh-101?

1 Like

Also interested

With the loss of my OT can anyone suggest any amazing step sequencer apps that might fill the void for a bit? I’d really appreciate it.

AUM, plus bram bos rozetta is the best set of sequencers

3 Likes

The best step sequencer I know is Quantum hands down

What happened to your OT? Mine has gone back to the shop for a closer look at an issue I was having. First weekend without it and I’m surprised how much I miss it given I was mostly just messing around on it.

I got rozetta like @ZaBong said, which I’m using with Zeeon in Aum for now

Cheers people I’ll give em a look, and nothing bad happened, I’ve just gotta sell it temporarily. shame to hear, mines always been rock solid. Mk1 or 2?

Ah that sucks hope you get back on it. I was having some weird midi issue, even support was stumped, was a mk2

1 Like

Sunvox has a great step sequencer. Patterns are pretty flexible - can have tracks with patterns of different lengths, tempo changes, patterns can be arranged in any arbitrary order, even if theyr’e not all the same length, lots of automation, etc.

I have not tested the MIDI out personally, though there’s a SunVox evangelist who claims it drives all his hardwarre synths just fine.

1 Like

Of course as soon as I post about a sequencer I read about yet another brand new sequencer that looks shiny

Am I an idiot or can one not use Samplr to receive audio from an external source in AUM? I cant set it up as an FX send and I don’t see a way to set it up as a channel to receive incoming audio…

try this and tell me if it works :slight_smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfqsXZfXaw&t=505s
I just found that yesterday and had no time to check for myself.

1 Like

Ugh. That means I would have to get Audiobus for just that reason and I have no interest in doing that.

Laaaaaaame.

1 Like

Dear Hivemind,
I’m looking for an Ipad app (not multiple apps hat can give me the same results) that can:

• Sample;
  • Edit the sample;
  • Apply effects;
  • Resample;
  • Layer samples.

BeatMaker comes to my mind, any other suggestions?

I’d be using it a sampler (doh!) to prepare samples to eventually load into a Deluge (should I go down that route) and avoid editing using my ears only…

BeatMaker 3 seems like the obvious choice. yes.

Are you using looped samples or single hit samples to build a beat you want to record?

If building beats from hits, then BM3, iMPC, etc, would work.

However, on an iPad I think you are still stuck using multiple apps. Even with Beatmaker you are still loading multiple apps in as plugins for your effects.

If using longer loops, I would recommend something like AUM and AudioShare. Import sounds, folders, etc, into AudioShare. Then load the audio files as single audio files in AUM. Add effects channels, and record the Channel out directly in AUM.

I find AudioShare and AUM offers the greatest amount of in and out flexibility.

Interested in the solution you settle on.

BM3 is probably what you’re looking for, it does all of that pretty well. It does have internal FX but you’ll likely end up using external ones too, it’s no more of a drag than loading a plugin in a DAW

also someone posted this online, apparently it works. The Bluetooth box powers the MPD. some people may find it useful

1 Like