iPad Music Apps?

3 Likes

Was impressed with the sound recreations starting ~19 minutes-ish in. Pretty damn close!

2 Likes

I grabbed the minimoog app. Iā€™ve never really had the model D bug a lot of people have. Mostly cause of the price range and never having the opportunity to properly sit and play around for a while in the comfort of my own home but man this app sounds good to my ears. Colour me impressed. For Ā£5, unbelievable.

2 Likes

Same here. Didnā€™t know. I do now.

1 Like

Just got lo-fly dirt today. The 404 mode is a passable usable vinyl crackle, but the 1200 mode makes drums bang sooooo hard

3 Likes

Korg iMonoPoly on sale. Now comes with new skin to make it look like something else named Monopoly (iconic board game).

2 Likes

Also! If you tap on the dice thereā€™s a randomize function :open_mouth:

1 Like

It seems the introduction discount on Model D is over. It costs 16,99 EUR now :frowning:

1 Like

was worth 5 bucks ā€¦
not worth 17ā€¦
first app to eat up the resources on my ipad that can run 3 or 4 synths plus au effectsā€¦
now the ipad is down to a max of 2 apps before stuttering startsā€¦

I am not a fan of fumbling on the ipad for soundsā€¦
Hardware is still kingā€¦ I mean hardware with knobsā€¦:slight_smile:

Wonderful app. Thanks for mentioning it,

1 Like

Yeah that sounds great!

1 Like

I picked up model d and then imonpoly. Love them both. Quality sound. The model de is something i never really looked at but itā€™s great. Easy to get around and everything sounds nice. The korg is fantastic. Really great. Gritty and beefy pads. Great fx too. And of course works in gadget , so iā€™m going to use the hell out of it.

2 Likes

I looooove the Monopoly VST. Seriously considering the app to have separate the computer.

How is the GUI? CPU hog?

You can use the monopoly as VST too if you get Gadget desktop. Havenā€™t checked the CPU cost though.

Iā€™m working on a song in Gadget with 4 instances of iMonopoly running simultaneously on my 2017 iPad Pro - thereā€™s up to 7 instances (tracks) of it running in this song. I havenā€™t noticed any glitching problems. I donā€™t see a CPU % indicator in Gadget.

Monopoly has been available for years as a VST, long before Gadget.

yeh, but is it the same version as the one in Gadget though? Do they null with identical patches?

I doubt it. The gadget plugins are typically limited in someway.

Iā€™m pretty disappointed by the Desktop plugin of the M1 from gadget.

yeah, somewhat limited, like you donā€™t get kaoss pads and some stuff, and i think m1 doesnā€™t let you save patches in the gadget, but gadget awesomeness makes up for any limitation for me. nothing like drawing and correcting any automation by running my finger across the screen, perfect recall, etc. i never use ioddesei by itself and am pretty sure i will never run imonopoly by itself.

I mean the actual gadget instruments lack parameters from their instruments.

(iM1 vs Gadget iM1/ Arp Odyssey vs Gadget Odyssey/ etc.)