iPad Music Apps?

Hmmm, don’t remember off the top of my head what is missing with the ioddesei gadget, other than the arp page and kaoss. If any of the sound shaping is missing i guess it’s stuff i don’t really use.

The M1 Gadget does indeed lack most editing, but Odyssei and monopoly have full patch editing even inside Gadget (and therefore VSTi as well). The only thing missing is the arp and the kaoss thingies.

Cool. That’s what i thought. And as cool as the standalone arp is, Lexington has a lot of little tricks.

Arps are cool but many DAWs have one too.

1 Like

Many DAWs have an ARP synth?

1 Like

Arpeggiator, which is missing from Monopoly gadget version.

1 Like

Well, that’s why comedian is not my day job

4 Likes

Haha :joy:

1 Like

Now are you laughing with him or at him? This is an important detail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure, can i get back to you? :laughing:

1 Like

agh, apologies! To a Finn, ARP and arp are pretty interchangeable :wink:

Just remembered AUM has a DSP % display. With one iMonoPoly loaded in AUM, the display is about 13%.

Worst I saw was Poseidon - it was 70+%

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but SID Tracker is cool.

1 Like

Xequence added a new generative function called PolyHymnia.

Let me know if you figured out how to use Xequence. In theory, it looks promising as a linear MIDI sequencer. I’m having a hard time learning how to use it though - I guess I’m spoiled by Korg sequencers and SunVox.

Do most of these apps function well with a iPad 4th gen? I believe that’s the iPad air 2. I’m getting one used today for the sole reason of running iPad music/synth/recording apps.

I’d love to use Borderlands, Samplr and Tardigrain to feed into my Octatrack. After sequencing and mixing on the OT then recording the final bounce into the iPad. If possible.

1 Like

If it’s really an iPad 4th gen and not an Air 2 (very different tablets) then you will probably be able to run one app at a time no sweat, but stacking and fx and stuff will bring it to its knees. You should be alright with Samplr for sure tho!

yea I believe its 4th gen, and when you say stack FX, that’s when you run multiple apps via (forgot the name of the app that looks like a mixer and shows various apps running per track?)

Yeah, AUM is the mixer ur thinking of and for example my iPad mini 4 can stack a good amount of fx on a synth app, but starts cracklings and randomly closing apps after too many (depends on fx)

As a sample source you should b alright for a while with that one, but it’ll crumble under any larger tasks.

How do you think it would fare as a field recorder/2 track recorder for Octatrack beats?

If it’s too heavy for a 4th gen then I’ll look on offer up for something better like a mini 4

How much are you getting it for? New iPads are now 350usd…

3 Likes