iPad Music Apps?

Not,like, ‘simple jack’ simple

Also check the Gadget buffer setting (In iOS system config panel, under Gadget).

Cheers, I wondered where that stuff was. I only downloaded it and got stuck in, its fun. And used wired headphones this evening with no latency.

2 Likes

Can I change patterns on the AR via OT thru Patterning? I MIDI learned Patterning to change patterns but it doesn’t respond over on the AR…

Dunno. Sold my AR.

is your AR set to receive Program Change in the set up menu?

Yes. When the OT goes straight into the AR patterns change no problem.

Is the midi going from OT to AR thru the midi thru?

No. I have Patterning clock and pattern slaved to the OT. With Patterning I have set it up to send sequences to the AR. So since Patterning is sequencing the AR and it’s clocked by OT, clock is fine. It’s that I can’t seem to send pattern change messages thru Patterning to change the AR-sequenced pattern on the AR.

Since Patterning assumes you’ll be doing the sequencing on locally, I can understand this logic. I’m just curious if it’s possible somehow. Through AUM maybe?

My only logic as to why the OT isn’t changing the pattern on AR when being controlled through Patterning is that The OT only sends the messages it originates. Perhaps that could be the reason why the AR isn’t changing?

Huh?

My feeling is that essentially Patterning doesn’t have a Thru port. So, while you can clock and change Patterning patterns, you can’t send the same program change message through Patterning.

I’ll have a look at AUM and see if I can’t set it up there somehow…

I thought you were routing Patterning to the OT and from the OT to the AR- so my thoughts are perhaps if you route midi from the OT thru to the AR in- it might work?

That sounds like a merge function which I didn’t think Thru was?

So you’re saying send clock from OT to Patterning where I would then send it back to the OT and connect the AR to it’s Thru port in which case via the thru port OTs program change messages AND Patterning’s sequence would be received by the AR?

Can anyone recommend a good sequencer app that can generate random melodies and has propability?

As I said- it was my impression that the signal initiated at Patterning and then went through the OT then to the AR.

If that’s not the case, then I don’t know. Based on what I read, the only hypothesis I could come up with is running the OT to the AR through the midi thru

Right off the bat I’d say Thesys but not sure if probability is on the field…
I don’t really sequence with the iOS but I’m sure other members will chime in, no doubt negating my suggestion with their wizardry!

1 Like

I have Thesys on the computer and on the iPad … it’s only copied to the iPad and I don’t like it there.

My general purpose sequencer is Quantum. Much more fun to use and it works fine ITB and also via Midi with external gear.

1 Like

StepPolyArp!
The champion of them all. It has probably the most features, sequence chaining.
Different MIDI channels, internal sounds, IAA logo for switching apps and lots of other features.
You could feed quantum into SPA.

1 Like

Check out the brambos apps and xynthesizr

2 Likes

Gestrument:

Also, several Bram Bos apps have some kind of generative functionality. Rozeta is his MIDI-only sequencing/generative app - but it only works on IOS 11 and above, as it was designed around AU MIDI.

1 Like