iPad Music Apps?

If you’re happy transferring files then you’ll save money!
I’d say that you may well use certain apps differently when you hear them through an interface, in terms of sound design, but you know it’s going to sound better anyway so maybe not!
I bought the irig duo pro 2 because it has the audio ins/outs and midi ins/outs too so I’m covered.
It’s nice to have the options I suppose…

1 Like

I just got Korg gadget for my iPad Pro and the latency is almost one beat, is this a known issue or is there something I’m not getting? I like it for step sequencing and drawing in what I want so can work around bit anyone else experience this?

If you do not need the audio directly transfered to your computer, stay with file transfer. I think the digital audio quality is just the same.

I wouldn’t recommend to have an audio-interface for the iPad to feed the iPad audio to an analogue mixer. Well, only if getting analogue circuitry improving the sound would be the intention. But that wouldn’t be a Mackie, rather a boutigue summing device.

I think, those iConnectivity interfaces are very interesting. They allow to transfer digital audio from various sources to a computer and back to the devices.

3 Likes

Yeah I guess “mixing” would be a different experience all together. Good point.

1 Like

Any nice filter apps out there? I noticed you can use model 15 as an insert effect and use it as a filter or delay or whatever which is cool. Beatmaker 3s filters do the job but Theyre a bit meh imo. If there’s anything out there like OTs filter I’d be super happy to have that with me on the go.

I downloaded master record (tape saturation/vinyl sim/tube emulator/noise gate). Got some good sounds out of it so far, decent bang for buck but you’ve gotta keep it dialled quite subtle to avoid it sounding like bad high noise floor hiss, particularly on the console/tube settings. Worth it for the £7 I paid. Using it to do lofi stuff, definitely does the job for that. Can do more if you keep it subtle. I also got the AUFX 4 bundle from kymatica. The EQ app has been most useful to me so far, nice to have a spectrum analyzer on iPad. comes with a reverb, a delay, a compressor and an EQ in separate apps. Only being able to run one instance of each in BM3 sucks though. Again, good bang for buck getting all 4 for £13 still

Filtatron is fuuuuun.

After you bought some apps, it reverts to the state where you can send back again.

Check out: WOW Filterbox by Sugar Bytes GmbH

nope
I bought more than some since the first appearance of this note…

Apple is just a greedy and annoying company once they became successful…
I like my ipad it is okay but only for the purpose of making music … It is amazing how good this thing performs but the company itself needs some well placed kicks in their butt…
So good that they play no role in the professional environment outside of the publishing industry and lobbies of dental offices…
Did I mention, that I don’t like apple? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers I’ll give it a look. + @SoundRider ah nice! Ive used the computer version. I knew they did a turnado app but I missed that. Nice one

Grooverider is pretty much what the new Electribe should have been and even more…

No latency. Are u using blue tooth speakers?

I have a 2016 iPad Pro. No latency problems with Gadget.

What IOS are you running? One of the latest IOS updates was to try to fix Meltdown and Spectre: OS 11.2 has the fix, but it might slow down the CPU:

Also a good point about whether your’re running your audio through Bluetooth.

And make sure any apps you are not using are not running in the background.

1 Like

Audio Damage Filter Station is fun and sounds good

Whelp I found the U24 on sale and went for it.

Initial impressions: it’s big. I was surprised by how big it is. Nearly as big as my mini 4.

Sound though is wonderful. Totally different. M15 is full and lively, I was convinced Patterning was my AR (P is setup to sequence my AR) and my few FX were given a new richness (now FX are my target for future purchases).

MIDI response is tight. OT clocking and sending notes with Patterning sending clock/sequence to AR. All tight on first tests.

Very nice unit. But man is it big :wink:

Don’t think I’ll be eyeing any digital synths for awhile.

I really wish kymatica made AU versions, would buy them in a snap, I much prefer working with AUs vs IAA. Would really like a spectrum analyzer as well, atm I use bark filter for that.

Yes I’m using NC Bluetooth headphones as it’s my travel setup. Tbh I’m not too bothered as I’m inputting notes in the grid. Being able to do stuff on the plane is worth it.

The latest song I’m working on in Gadget was also started on a plane. Except with wired earbuds :slight_smile:

1 Like

The most recent legit song I made was done on gadget. Also with wired headphones(but no airplane)

1 Like

The measure of any piece of music gear is whether it inspires you or not. I tend to make layered polyrhythmic soundscapes. However with gadget I am putting together an album project which is called ‘simple tunes’ - I’m enjoying the break from myself.

3 Likes