iPad Music Apps?

It took me too long to acquire this app- but it really is gorgeous!

1 Like

For all physical modeling heads: i can recommend spring sound. Its worth to look at it.
The gui is not it strength but the sound. Pretty deep app with alot to explore.

1 Like

I got it, messed with it a bit, then decided to try SunVox instead; so Iā€™ve been gradually slipping deeper into that SunVox rabbit hole.

Audulus is craZy. Trying to learn this and Octatrack in the same year is wishing for a mental breakdown, but oh so many possibilities

1 Like

BM3 is great for all sorts, it converts files to wav, saves to Dropbox, the scale and chord modes are useful, itā€™s great for building kits and general sample chopping, disk streaming and a bunch of baked in FX. Itā€™s a good general purpose DAW for on the go. Gotta say though itā€™s crashed on me quite a few times, never usually from pushing it too hard but just random small things, like earlier I started a new project and it closed down. Ive lost a few ideas from it so save regularly. It really does almost stand up to an MPC or similar, gets pretty regular updates and features too. If it never crashed iā€™d say itā€™s pretty much there

How does BM3 workflow integrate with Ableton? Like, how immediate is it to take the stuff on my iPad and then get it into Ableton when I want to properly expand it?

Nothing touches Korg Gadget on this (if you have both the iOS and the desktop versions). icloud syncs the projects between my MBP and iPad automagically, then just export to abes from Gadget desktop to get an abeleton project with all the clips as MIDI and VSTs in place! :diddly: :diddly: :diddly:

1 Like

You might like TweakyBeat, same developer as Seek Beats.

(That is if you donā€™t have it yet.)

2 Likes

Is anybody using MIDIFIRE with an Elktron unit?
https://audeonic.com/midifire/

Iā€™m really interested in that, because of midi sync problems on iPad, mainly with apps that have a sequencer.

I have a good setup with Digitakt and Ipad, two way communication, I can record notes from iPad into DT or vice versa.

However, when it comes loading apps in AUM, I canā€™t really manageā€¦(very well)

The update came, and what was once a paid app turned into a free app has now turned into a subscription app.
Sample import is bundled with a bunch of other sounds, and requires $4.99 monthly subscription. Would prefer to pay a flat fee once, but such is life. More sadly, many of the sounds that were free previously, are now also part of that subscription model.

Bummer.

Some other features were added with regard to more accessible parameters, but no new sync/audiobus/interapp audio features were added. :expressionless:
These and some polyrhythm features could get me into subscribing, but for now it is back to my Patterning + ED + AUM sandbox.

I finally took the plunge on the Moog apps- goodness! Whyā€™d I wait so long?! Just gorgeous visually and aurally

1 Like

BM3 seems to be free on the app store right now https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beatmaker-3/id1060317024?mt=8

2 Likes

Thatā€™s right, 3 days only I think. There are 3 free packs.

Beautiful app.

Get it while it lasts!

1 Like

Much obliged for the tip! Go get it, at free the BM3 is a no-brainer!

I downloaded BM3, took a look, looked for a metronome or a record button, just to create one beat and looked through a lot of different screensā€¦ and deleted BM3 againā€¦ too much on too little space ā€¦ I have no patience for that.
at least it is freeā€¦ a slap in the face of everyone who paid a lot of money for itā€¦

Wow, trying to turn something positive into a negative much? The tidbit about being able to easily dump samps to my OT with this app without a computer is just one of the reasons why this app deserves a foghting chance.

1 Like

might be useful for you, okā€¦
I did not enjoy the appā€¦ but that does it not make bad for you :slight_smile:

Itā€™s literally on the top bar, come on man!

I got given an MPC, threw it in the bin. Too many features. It sucks

Beatmaker 3 is free during NAMM on the iTunes store!

2 Likes

Shoot- I just bought it 2 days ago