iPad Music Apps?

You should get that to work, it’s standard functionality on your iPad and really you shouldn’t have an issue with that at all.

I did google the error msg you get and it seems like it isn’t completely straight forward. Apparently something to do with denied access to Cloud services on your iPad (and what that does with its internal file structures). Have you tried solving this at all?

Yes but i could not find the cause of the problem… IIRC i did not even found that exact same message while googling it and I’m not very good with the IT skills.

1 Like

I ran some tests and actually a few apps open in Auv3: Retro Piano, DRC, Model D and Aparillo.
All the others fail and it seems it happened for some users after some updates of their apps. I guess it is a problem of implementation of the Auv3 within the apps.

Too bad it doesn’t work for the apps i’m using daily though.

I think when you save a session in AUM, all the AUV settings are saved as well. They aren’t saved with non AUV, you have to go into each app individually and save

Have you upgraded to iOS 14.3? Also have you restarted your ipad since your last upgrade? Users have widely reported issues with auV3 and their iPads. This link may help: iOS 14 — Audiobus Forum

Apps are saved in non Auv3 as well.

Ahahah no i am in 11.3.1 :wink:

Anyone know if the Korg MS-20 apps are any good?? Worth getting?

I liked using iMS-20 to try patches for my real MS-20 Mini when I was away from home - like on a work commute or on travel. The sound of the app is close enough that I could copy the settings in the app on the real MS-20 and pretty much get the same sound.

The iMS-20 sequencer is pretty capable, but it doesn’t allow zoom on the knobs so entering step values can be a bit of a pain. I think it only works in standalone mode - not when you load it into Gadget.

2 Likes

Correct - no sequencer in Gadget. Same with the others that also run standalone (iPolysix, etc).

1 Like

I enjoyed this walkthrough video. Logan goes into detail about how he got this acid groove going, using this selection of apps. Lots of excitement when multi-out was added to AUM and Brambos apps but this might be first person I’ve seen actually explain how he uses it, as well as demo it.

They Apps are saved but not sure if the settings are saved.

I mainly used it for sampling when my DS-10 cartridge went kajagoogoo on me a while back.
I like the drums for a bit of electro…

1 Like

Which settings? I save patches and call recall them via MIDI.

If I save a session in AUM using auv3 apps and reload it everything is as I left it, if I use non auv apps within AUM and reload a session I’m not sure the settings are as you left them, I think you have to go into each app and save as you go and then when you open AUM again go into the non auv apps and set them up on the right patches, I’m not definite on this

I guess you are right. Anyway i would not need to find the synth is the state i left it, i’d use patches anyway.

1 Like

audiobus has state saving for inter audio apps (for many of them at least).

1 Like

Interesting little app that came out recently is Web Audio Player. It’s just a web browser wrapped in an AUv3. It can only play certain sound sources (I guess it works by hooking into the page and detecting any audio elements, so it’s not going to work on everything), but it means you can load up e.g. Soundcloud or Freesound and play audio directly into AUM/whatever.

Was using it last night to send audio into Koala which was running in Slideover mode over the top of AUM, was a fun way to get samples in there really quickly! You can also import screen recording videos into Koala and extract the audio if you want to sample something this can’t handle

3 Likes

Digging Oval Synth these days for all my hang drum pretend sessions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. That Oval Synth is great. Great source of samples. Makes me want to try and create something like Four Tet.

1 Like