iPad Music Apps?

Iv never had any problems using dropbox, I do know allot of apps normalize the audio on export. Without any specifics its hard to just say " ipad audio is …"

I use allot of crude audio from the ipad and it works after being summed to mono and further manipulated.

I don’t think it’s an issue with Dropbox so much as the nature of the “quality” capabilities of the apps.

Or user error. Cant ever rule out user error.

I’ll keep at it…

1 Like

if your more specific we also can be :slight_smile: But seriously if you want to make music just use the cpu OR elektron squirp offer sequencing but its just that with no base points…

Ok how about this:

How do people process/mix their iPad audio? Do they often add compression or perhaps saturation/distortion? Are there any methods that people often find themselves using when dealing with iPad audio in their mixes?

Ive tried compression and distortion/saturation to no real avail. Now that I’m thinking about, I’m considering doubling up the audio and maybe nudging them a bit apart from one another. I often do that if I’m finding something somewhat weak.

Caustic had quite an update yesterday, it’s a great app and often overlooked.
It’s a cross between reason and gadget, also the audio editor has SFX-R built in so you can design some great sounds or randomise like a lunatic.
Nice little modular synth in there too!

I also use Caustic Editor too for the Volca Sample, open sfx-r and make some shots or textures to drop in the whitebox from Korg! Endless fun…

3 Likes

iPad apps, wireless sample transfer to RYTM and OT, the upcoming MPC Live, and the premise of all of Elektron’s gear. Sometimes I just acknowledge all of these things and think “We really are living in the future”

I’ll definitely check that out!

1 Like

We ain’t seen nothin yet b-b-b-baby!

1 Like

I’ve been using Caustic (on android) for a couple of years and it’s pretty darn cool. Learned a lot from the modular synth, which you can also use as an fx. Certainly a lot easier to figure out than a Nord Micro Modular.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t exactly love the sound q of many iPad apps… Some of them sound like VSTs from the 2000’s, plasticky somehow… But you always find a way to make it work if the ideas are good.

The release date for the Korg Gadget desktop app has been announced - Feb 28th. Early bird pricing at 199$. A new iOS version of Gadget is also coming on 28th, adding audio track recording gadgets (Zurich and Rosario) to the iOS version! Also a new drumpler gadget (Recife) is going to be included in the update.

tbh I didn’t expect the desktop app to be so expensive (the full, non-discounted price is 299$!!). I might still buy it despite the price since it will maximize the potential of Gadget in my personal workflow.

2 Likes

I feel they should have made some kind of consession for those who have spent quite a bit the ios app and it’s add-ons.
Without those customers there would be no desktop version I’d imagine.
Still, gadget for me is the easiest way to get a tune going. I may still fold and purchase.
Then again now that I’m used to a touchscreen, mpc live may be a better place to spend the cash.

I’m getting both!

But yeah, maybe I need to wait for the black friday/end of the year sale for the gadget desktop. 199$ seems a bit steep at the moment.

1 Like

My guess is that the Black Friday price will come down from the full $299 to the same $199 offered at launch, IF the desktop version is popular at $299.

Not doubting Gadget’s reputation, great app, the upcoming audio recording will be interesting on iOS too but the Mac price does seem a little steep…

Still though, Korg have been ‘batting around’ for a few years now so all the luck to them!

I’m holding hope for a 150$ offer lol

1 Like

That’s what I’m expecting as well

Take another $51 off and we’ve got a deal :+1:

2 Likes

I like the things I make in Gadget. But I just can’t consider them true compositions.they don’t feel like real tracks to me. They feel like you tracks. $300 dollars for software, or even $200 for that matter, seems a bit too much to pay if the output isn’t going to feel “real” to me.

I really cant believe that the price is that high… but apparently it is… it’s a no buy for me, i am not even concidering it.

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye on the details of it. Maybe it’ll be worth it. Though I don’t see how it could be ideal.

The benefit of iPad gadget is that it’s like a little portable DAW that you can compose thing on the go. Fun, musical and convenient. Moving to actual computer/mac platform seems, so far, to be a shot in the foot.

I’ll keep an eye on it though