iPad Music Apps?

Nanostudio 2 is 50% off …

4 Likes

also, NEMBRINI has many free plugins , very good ones … PSA1000 JR, ARtremolo, Arphaser, ARflanger, ARnoisegate, ARguitarEQ, ARdelay, ARcleaner, Crunkv2

1 Like

Patterning now available on Iphone !!

1 Like

came out today : glitchcore

7 Likes

aurio pro is at 27 euros right now, real bargain

2 Likes

Arturia I Spark is free

Also free. Should be a good companion app for PlayBeat if you use that.

3 Likes

$2.99

1 Like

Thanks for that I’ve wanted a simple solution for exactly this purpose for a while

I bought yesterday really loving this purchase.

1 Like

I’ve been messing around with it for a couple of hours and I think it does the job quite well.

Try also the filterstep app , free … a blast !

2 Likes

roland zenbeats is free

1 Like

So it looks like my new setup will be:

iPad Pro
Toraiz SP16/Octatrack
Nanastudio2 ( multisampling/synth)

Do I need AUM or Audiobus? or any other utility app that will be necessary to have them all work together.

Thanks

I use both AUM and Audiobus 3, as they both have a few limitations individually, which are covered if you have both apps.

1 Like

Automatic multisampling now in AudioLayer

5 Likes

There’a a new MIDI-to-CV app for use with audio interfaces with DC-coupled outputs.

Or you can use the iPhone/iPad’s headphone jack for an extra 2 LFO/VCOs for your Eurorack. (Yes, their headphone jack is DC-coupled. Not much voltage though.)

1 Like

wow all this one one page :rofl: hard for noobs to the forum to catch up ! WHERES THE PAGE NUMBERS! :sunglasses:
anyway i’ve been using ios for a couple years and here is my list of must have apps.

AUM : host / mixer. i prefer this to any daw as it is literally just a mixer that you load up all your synths/audio effects/ midi sequencers
everything i make is hosted in AUM

Synths:
spacecraft granular: the best instrument ever for soundscapes/textures but can also create amazing leads and plucks. best mpe implantation i’ve seen as well

Zeeon : just an all around everything is possible synth! sounds amazing and can by sculpted into just about anything imaginable. tried trusted and tested!

Sunrizer: my fav synth, also made by the people who made Zeeon. this is my go to synth with some amazing features, the ui is set up with ios in mind . can’t say enough about this one. get it.

Magellan 2: beast of a synth! the sound is gritty

Shockwave: phase distortion synth. never ending release! sounds really electric and warm

Kaspar: this thing is just amazing

drums:
patterning 2 : the reason i bought my ipad (patterning 1) best drum thing on earth :earth_africa: :sunglasses:
fractal beats
ruizmaker fm
ruizmaker noir

au midi fx:
Fuge machine
steppolyarp
rozeta suite
stepbud

audio fx:
FAC alteza - shimmer reverb. use on everything
eventide black hole / ultratap
pro-q 2/3
bleass delay
kosomonaut
re-1 tape machine

there’s hundreds more. but these are my everyday essentials.

6 Likes

AUM and AudioShare are what made me appreciate the iPad as a serious tool for music making. You can probably get by without AudioShare, but it has a few useful functions that make it worth having (normalize samples, convert to different bit rate and fast sample trimming).