iPad Music Apps?

SunVox AU MIDI out is the one I’m looking forward to. The dev promises to implement it in an upcoming release.

is it a separate app? or you mean the ColdCutter module inside Jamm Pro?
Jamm Pro is quite cryptic but if you watch the tutorials and practice a bit, I think it might be easy to get familiar with it… then again, I haven’t been able to use it as much yet, time will tell! but I like the different timestretching algorithms and how they add texture to beats

Thank you for the suggestions, but I’m looking for strictly effects. As simple as possible really. No need for note on and off a la sequencers. They need to feed into a bomebox project I’m working on. Silly devs and their midi in only. :confused:

You’re right, I meant Jamm Pro. My bad!

1 Like

Riffer has just gone polyphonic - looks like an excellent update.

1 Like

Rozetta LFO?

1 Like

I personally prefere MIDI LFO Auv3 from ApeMatrix. :ok_hand:
Or polyphase can send 4 Midi CC too :metal:

2 Likes

Thanks for these recommendations, I need to try those, Have you used Cykle by any chance for sending cc’s

Sigh. Just gonna have to write my own app. :confused:
Or stay with a hard coded controller.

All of this is to see how I can handle 32x4banks of encoders without jumping values

I find the interface on Cykle to be fiddly, but it’s quite an original and powerful sequencer with features like tempo divide/multiply per step - you can send multiple ccs, but no there’s no midi LFO. I find the UI on Octachron more immediate for sequencing CCs.

1 Like

Not seen that one, will have a look :+1:

I just had a go at using Drambo’ Graphic Modulator (draw the shape LFO) to modulate another app in AUM. Works great. I’ve mostly been using Drambo slaved to DAW and/or OT and haven’t used it as a midi sequencer / modulator. But I’ve patched it internally quite extensively and it’s modulation capabilities are broad to say the least. And with the MIdi rack / Midi mixer, CC generator and CV to Midi modules - all modulation in a rack can be sent out as midi. And of course all modulators can be p’locked per step on Drambo’s sequencer. And what with the Chord generators and powerful arp, it’s a midi sequencing and modulation powerhouse. And what’s great (and essential for me)- Drambo slaves well to external midi via Audiobus.

2 Likes

This does look good.

I only have Eos2 so might grab it.

1 Like

IMO, way better than EOS2, And it’s pretty innovative.

2 Likes

AU:FX Space has always been one of my fave reverbs, no matter how many people try to convert me to whatever flavor of the month reverb app came out. Should be even better as AUv3

6 Likes

What I like about it is its versatility: It has an own color but at the same time can be tweaked quite transparent.

I have Fabfilters Pro R and it is already fulfilling all my needs together with Velvet Machine and Glideverb, but if I would start iOS stuff then this would be my go to reverb for the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i bought all the previous AU fx and theyre really good…
its been a long time since i used them (havent used audiobus for a long time)… i’ll probably buy these… at some point.

i’m liking the Flip app. It’s super fun. Like Koala on steroids.

1 Like

does anyone care to comment on a summary of apps to check out before buying an iPad? Much appreciated

This thread is stuffed full of ideas!

IMO there are two apps that stand out as really being perfect for the touch screen format: Borderlands Granular & Samplr. Actually if you’re into granular in general, the iPad will be heaven.

There are some very nice cheap synths, eg the excellent Animoog, Model D and Synth One.

Drum Computer is my current favourite drum synth, plus Patterning for sampled drums.

There’s an abundance of weird and wonderful noise generators, loopers, modular playgrounds and sequencers. The challenge can be figuring out a useful workflow. Definitely check out AUM for all your jamming needs. iPad is also particularly useful for Octatrack fodder.

6 Likes