[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

Why would anyone want to catch flies?

Other than a frog?

BEEEEEEES MAN! BEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS BZZZZZZZZZ

1 Like

FYI

3 Likes

seriously folks, if you’re not using this with M:C you are REALLY missing out.

The sound randomization and especially the morph produce sounds that blow the presets away.

If you don’t have an ipad pick up an old cheap on just for this. I’ve tested this on mt 4th gen running iOS 10 and it works fine. Plus it will run AUM, etc. to record from M:C

You can get 'em on ebay for like $75!

4 Likes

i also tested it with an pretty old ipad (i think the first gen with the lightning port) and it works good. :+1:

very cool app and, as others said, with the class compliant usb of m:c it is very streamlined and simple to use the app and record, mangle and monitor audio at the same time with just one usb cable and lightning to usb adapter! (i have the normal one and the one with charging port)

edit: will test more over the weekend and give feedback…

2 Likes

@mekohler
Thanks my man, this looks ace. I’m only rocking a cheap shit eBay special camera connection kit at the mo that doesn’t seem to work at the mo.
Should my M:C show up in the midi menu?

And secondly, does anyone have and recommendation for which lightning to USB adapter to get, as this one ain’t doing the do!
Thanks in advance…

yes, it will show up in this midi menu if it is recognised.

i strongly recommend the original (expensive) apple cck adapter

edit:

there is the normal (old one, just lightning to usb)

and there is the newer lightning to usb3 one, which has an additional lightning port, to charge your device while using

2 Likes

You might as well get the official Apple CCK. Every post I’ve ever read about third party CCK’s was how they don’t work for music apps.

4 Likes

Thank you gents.
STAY SAFE
:v::muscle::raised_hands::roll_of_toilet_paper:

I can confirm that audio apps don’t like 3rd party camera connection kits. I used my iPads with cheap eBay ones and had problems with so many things. Finally ponies up for a legit one and everything just worked flawlessly. highly recommend legit version, and I’ll be buying this app when it releases :+1:

2 Likes

Bit the bullet and ordered the real McCoy. It’s just been dispatched, so hopefully will get it in the next couple of days.
Thanks fellas.

2 Likes

You can always connect the M:C to your PC and use the iPad’s “Network” port to send MIDI to / from your PC.

I’m polishing up the Model:Samples integration today, so a new Beta should be out by the end of the weekend with various improvements and fixes.

3 Likes

Any chance of an iPhone port?

This looks act but i only use my phone for music, dont have an IPad.

1 Like

Dunno, the iPhone interface is so small it’s hard to make things useful on it. If anything, once I’m done with the iPad version I could make an iPhone version but it would be extremely dumbed down (Mixer, a few Kit generation buttons, and a few Pattern generation buttons)

4 Likes

Dumbed down would be fine for me, I would want the app for easy randomization and maybe some funky pattern creations. I’d still like to use a hardware interface when jamming with the M:C so

yea, seconded… dumbed down to only randomization options for parameters and/or steps would be fantastic. If the mixer gets in the way, bye mixer!

3 Likes

my M:S will be here monday, i know you said it is currently not working for it, but figured id grab the test flight for when you do…or i’ll wait for the full release. either way this is gonna be great!

Update Out

• Added support for the Model:Samples
  • Improved Randomization
  • Added Vol+Dist control to the Mixer
  • Added more Pattern functions

I have only had the M:S for a few days so the sound design functions for that are still a work in progress.

5 Likes

Agree. Apple screws you of course on price, but they work…

Now if electron could fix the usb audio bug… :unamused:

I think a stripped down phone version that just did voice randomization and morphing would be Uber useful.

Hey @mekohler thanks for making this! It’s awesome! Is there anyway to change the default note from C-5 with tensor? Or any keying options? Looking for a way to use the randomization while keeping everything in the key of my current song in Aum or whatever.