iOS Midi Question

Goal is to use Fugue Machine app on my phone to sequence external hardware such as A4, M32 etc…

Can I go lightning connector to usb in my computer and then MIDI out of my MOTU interface? Or do I need to buy a lightning connector to cheap midi interface like the iRig or Korg stuff?

Thanks for any help

you should buy apple lightning to usb connector. this way you can even plug your a4 directly into usb from ipad and sequence it with ipad apps… most class compliant usb midi and audio devices will work with ios.

also, please use the forum search, there are some topics about it already…

for example this one: [iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line
:wink:

If you have the CCK you can connect the usb directly into the A4. If you have a Mac and want to use the computer maybe setup a WiFi midi network session. Just a few ideas…

Thanks, I guess I need the 5 pin midi for other hardware though.

Also, I did search but I have ADD and can’t read endless threads for answers. :kissing_heart:

was hoping to just delete this after a quick response :sweat_smile:

it would be worth a try, if it is possible to route midi from ipad thru cck to a4 and from a4 midi thru to a other device via 5pin midi

CCK into one of these for me, there’s similar wires out there if. It this one. Buy the CCK2 so you can charge at the same time. Works flawlessly

Others
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=5pin+midi+to+usb&i=mi&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Don’t delete the question, other people will look for it in future