Digitakt + Iphone

I tried searching for this but couldn’t find a good answer. What would be the easiest and cheapest way of connecting a Iphone X with a Digitakt? My goal is to send midi to the Iphone from the Digitakt and get audio from the iphone to the Digitakt. Since Apple has decided to get rid of the audio jack from all the new Iphones (god bless them) I’m kinda confused as to how to get this to work. Have any of you guys had any success in making this work?

Camera kit adapter + a cheat USB > midi adapter from amazon.

1 Like

you need apple camera connection kit aka usb to lightning adapter

from there you may need a powered usb hub, if you want to connect more than one usb device. dt can be connected straight via usb lead. you also need an class compliant audio interface… with this you could also use midi din if it has it…

also please do a search on the forum, there are topics about it already, it is the same for ipad… (except ipad pro with usb-c)

Will the Camera kit adapter be able to transmit audio as well?

I did search but as I said I couldn’t find any clear answer. I know it’s the same but doesn’t the ipad have an audio jack?

the cck adapter only provides a usb socket. if you use a class compliant device, it can stream audio via usb. eg. model samples and cycles can do it. digitakt can not do audio, only midi over usb…

edit: so in your case you need some kind of audio interface, because no headphone jack

Korg plugkey is an option. Midi in and 1/4 inch audio plus headphone out and no powered usb hub needed

I would absolutely love it if the digitakt was class compliant like the model series and the analog heat.

It would make for such a compact setup and be a great way to utilise the 8 midi tracks, all with only one cable.

:pray:t4: