Invalid and inconsistent MIDI, possibly from OT MKII ? [resolved]

Your quote doesn’t proove I’m wrong, on the contrary :

dead_ringer:
MIDI-clock (0xf8)

Which is F8 message…:neutral_face:

So you mean OT behave differently concerning message interruption with F8 ?
I can check if you wish, it can be interesting.
I don’t have Logic or Cubase so you’d have to test with a midi monitor…

1 Like

I didn’t say that you’re wrong :slight_smile:
I decsribed how OT sending MIDI clock. The problem could be when another unit reads note message interrupted by MIDI clock as a wrong message. Logic and Cubase doesn’t send notes interrupted by MIDI clock so that’s why some gear works good with that DAWs and doesn’t work good with OT.

1 Like

Yes now it’s much clearer, and it’s interesting to know that. :slightly_smiling_face:
So you did checked personally the “clock interruption”?
The way OT is supposed to send clock is probably better for accurate clock…:thinking:

In Midi Ox I don’t if it’s possible to monitor hex only to verify messages order. Anyone?
Another software for PC?

I can’t check that because I don’t have any software to do that. Midi Ox, Midi Monitor or other that I have don’t have option to monitor only hex data without arrange them. But if you will check carefully timing of that data then you can see some MIDI clock data is on the same time as other informations and then here is the “problem”.

I’d like a proof. How can you check timing?
Seems pretty fast even with a 30 bpm tempo…

Any news on this? I’m also having trouble with the OT MIDI out to NiftyCase CV conversion.

I just pinged them. I’ll let you know. If you haven’t yet you should submit a support ticket

1 Like

Yeah, I just did. I hope they’ll be able to fix this because the built-in MIDI-to-CV conversion was really what made me buy their case.

They got back to me saying their team is looking into it, and that they hope to resolve it in a very near future update. I’m not sure if I should just get a MIDI-CV module or wait for them to fix it.

1 Like

Just got another e-mail from Cr8audio. Good news! They say they are still working on it, but they have reportedly found the cause and solution to the problem! So they are currently modifying the MIDI engine to accommodate the way Elektron machines send the MIDI bytes. They have an Octatrack on hand for testing/debugging.

Fingers crossed!

UPDATE! Finally! They have solved the problem! I have received a beta firmware update and everything works flawlessly. The update should be available very soon if it isn’t already.

Kudos to Cr8audio for taking their customers seriously. Great stuff!

5 Likes

Just a heads up Cre8 fixed it! If the firmware isn’t on their site just shoot them an email and they’ll send it.

3 Likes

Bro, can you send me this update? I have the same problem and Cr8audio doesn’t respond me :confused:

Bro, can you send me this update? I have the same problem and Cr8audio doesn’t respond me :confused:

Hi. Did you ever receive a firmware update? I am also looking…I can’t use my case with midi until I get these problems sorted out. I would appreciate any help!

Did this updated firmware ever make it to their website?

I have the same (or similar) problem with the Octatrack mkII and the NiftyCase.
I upgraded to V0.0.4.2 of their firmware for the NiftyCase and it does not resolve the issue.
As soon as I enable the Octatrack MIDI clock, the Gates and CV are not getting to the NiftyCase anymore. If I disable the clock from the OT and restart the case, Gates and CV work, but there is no clock…

I’m not sure. I would put in a support ticket with them. Unfortunately the links that they’d sent me to download the new firmware are not longer working :confused:

I’m having the same issue, did you ever resolve your problem?

Hey did this get resolved? I’ve just picked up the Nifty Case and the gate trigger over midi is super nice inconsistent when playing 2 16th notes next to each other. It essentially triggers in the first 16th note but then ignores the next one

Having this problem with PGH Taiga and octatrack.

When I turn off clock out from octatrack, notes are played correctly on taiga. When I turn on clock out from octatrack, there are skips in note sequence and inconsistent. Pretty unfortunate!