Invalid and inconsistent MIDI, possibly from OT MKII ? [resolved]

It would be interesting to check with other sequencers if your gear can accept a certain limit of midi data.

For exemple I could send many messages from OT to Micromonsta 1 with clock, but my HX STOMP didn’t accept well control changes + clock.

Not sure if OT is the culprit.

The Taiga works perfectly with Digitakt and Circuit Tracks. Trying with syntakt and digitone shortly!

Just chiming in to say I encountered the OT / Taiga problem too. Did you contact Pittsburgh support and if so what was the outcome?

I sent them an email about it and went through some hoops, that didn’t end up solving anything.
They even made an update for it, but it still didn’t resolve the issue.

Not entirely sure why, but it seems the Octatrack can’t handle the Taiga MIDI/CV conversion.
Does it act like that with other MIDI/CV converters?

I’d try reaching out as well.
JWJ

1 Like

invalid and inconsistent perfectly describes my four attempts at ot

I contacted pgh support and got that firmware update for the Taiga too, to no avail.

The OT MIDI clock definitely has problems with some modules e.g jomox mbaseII. I’m sure there was another that had this problem and they did manage to solve it- might have been the Preen FM3?

Turning the OT MIDI clock off helps with the missed steps but then obviously you can’t use it as the main clock source.

The cc mod assign problem must be a seperate issue as it doesn’t work regardless of whether the clock is off or on. It did work for me using a different midi sequencer so it’s definitely the OT causing the problem.

After reading above @sezare56 saying that the OT MIDI sends Note On Velocity = 0 messages, rather than Note Off messages

I programmed a MIDI Solutions Events Process Plus to convert Note on Velocity 0 messages to Note OFF messages- it works. While sending the MIDI clock from the OT to the Taiga (with Taiga in External MIDI clock mode), and passing the MIDI from the OT through the Events Processor to the Taiga, all the sequenced MIDI notes work as expected with no skipped notes., while receiving the MIDI clock from the OT.

No such luck with the CC message bug yet…