Introducing Syntakt

Syntakt = isn’t it the guts of an Analog Rytm Mk2 in a Digitakt form factor???

got one in my shopping cart already to go, but as I own an AR and A4 then can’t see the difference here?

Syntakt offers CTRL-AL.
And the AFX track makes it possible to plock the Drive, Delay + Reverb, as well as the AFX track AMP envelope and analog Filter, plus offers 2 LFOs.

Delay+Reverb can be pre or post AFX bus.

3 Likes

and for completeness, one per midi track

1 Like

With some extra digital machines and some routing shenanigans, scales, probably more.

1 Like

My main keyboard is a FANTOM-06 (augmented with a Novation Peak) and I’ve been enjoying developing my playing skills and sequencing on it. I’m thinking of adding a Syntakt to not only add textures to the FANTOM but also use the MIDI tracks to sequence the FANTOM. If I set CH.LEN/M.LEN to 1, could I send out a trigger and change patterns from the FANTOM on the fly?

@AdamJay, could the Syntakt be used for ambient/chillout? The demos I’ve seen so far (like yours) have been techno/electro-oriented.
(For reference, here are my tracks: http://soundcloud.com/douglas-1)

No? You didn’t notice the 8 tracks you can have of digital machines?

1 Like

same here… I miss my machinedrum and after the latest unofficial firmware update I really wanted it back… This with the Overbridge functionality really has me over the moon right now…

You can do this on the AR.

@echothief At first glance, yes, - plus some extras (that I pray to the E gods the AR gets) but substitute sampling with M:C bits.

Can you say a little more about the improvements they’ve added on the M:C machines? I really liked a lot of the machines in M:C but the lack of full envelope and filter was tough to work with. Would love to know at least how the chord machine has been improved on.

No real polyphony, only M:C kind of chord machines. Also very nice, they’re really cool, but won’t work for good old Grandpa here who enjoys his chord playing.

I guess I’m just too old for this shit these days :older_man:

11 Likes

So is the syntone going to be the reimagined MnM?

3 Likes

yes - as @xidnpnlss points out, it will be recorded that way when an AHD is set to (quaver) or for an ADSR - but, note that these percussive machines have finite decay - two machines (Bits,DVCO) (and noise) have infinite decay

1 Like

After listening intently to these patterns, I don’t think it can replace my Jomox for kicks or the A4 for really out-there stuff… but a whole lot of other bases covered and then some. That FX bus alone is worth the price of admission.

Also, that electro jam on the outro was LEGIT.

1 Like

The Digitakt can play samples, Syntakt can’t. I think it’s like a mixture of Rytm, Model Cycles and Machine Drum with some new extras.

1 Like

It’s set to ‘Private’ in this embed.

Has anyone seen shops in europe list it? Thomann and musicstore don‘t. Strange.

Midihub and repeated sounds on different tracks?

Pre-ordered.

Thanks a lot @AdamJay

7 Likes

@AdamJay your video is down! Wha hoppen? I’m keenly interested in it as I’m a fan of your music.

Man! Finally some fresh ideas since 2017!

Not that I don’t appreciate the devotion to OS updates for existing machines since then.

Good product. Tho, I’ll hold off till there are more digital percussive machines.

Still, great job Elektron!

1 Like