Introducing Syntakt

What the hell was up with the SLICE in the teaser video, it as nothing to do with the synth…

I actually played a restored Sequential SixTrak today, and got lost for over an hour, dreaming of what I could do with that if I had my Chase Bliss pedals with me.

I’m gonna stop now. Love this one, Elektron. You nailed it. I’ll enjoy listening to what everyone’s doing with it and you can all laugh at me when I change my mind and buy one, a few weeks down the line, quoting me on stuff I’ve said here now and go “See?”

2 Likes

No hint spotted in the manual whether the envelopes are exponential or just linear again? Or am I missing the point and that all depends on which type of machine you’re using?

KB SCALE sets the track’s scale. This setting governs which notes are playable on the Syntakts [TRIG] keys and from external MIDI devices that send on the Syntakt’s Auto channel to allow only notes in the set scale. For a list of all selectable keyboard scales, please see “APPENDIX E: KEYBOARD SCALES” on page 109.

On elektron’s site

it will be back in one hour. i stupidlly published tooo early

5 Likes

Perhaps a bit like the animate buttons on the novation peak or the m1 and m2 memory buttons on the op1 …. i assume

1 Like

Seems you deleted it :frowning:

Retrigs can be customized on any of the sequencer steps on the audio tracks (the retrig function is not available on the MIDI tracks).

1 Like

Lol.

This is like the inverse of the digitakt launch.

“I still believe there’s drum synthesis in there”

• Digitakt commentary

“I believe there’s sample compatability in there”

• Syntakt
5 Likes

So has anyone figured out how this played the field recordings in the demo playlist?

1 Like

Then I’m sold. Revenge on the Rytm.

is there an arpeggiator?

Ah, no worries! Still excited to see/hear it. I imagine that even if I don’t hear it I’m going to go over to Patchwerks later today and try to give them my money.

1 Like

This perfectly fits next to my OTMK2 AE. The color scheme ist lovely. Well done Elektron

2 Likes

it’s not limited to a fundamental partial, you can vary the waveshape amongst other regular control possibilities

I’m tired of liking your comments, dude!

2 Likes

That was… surprisingly helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks, I guess

1 Like

Still though - it’s one reverb send, one delay send and a distortion. I get you can do a lot with them and parameter locks are great - but even just independent delays would be a game changer.

For me, they should have included FX machines too - I know you can do lots of with the lfo’s for tremelo and vibrato type things but I’d have liked to see at least a chorus or something. You look at Roland boxes with 800 different effects and you wonder why Elektron doesn’t try and compete on that side.

3 Likes
16 Likes