Introducing Syntakt

That does sound huge - has the audio been mixed on a daw or is it straight from the box?

Sorry - just saw on the YT vid description that there’s no processing. Wow!

Now we see who has been hiding their Syntakts from us……

Seriously though, this thing sounds dope

1 Like

Yeah, I know.

But this one was so close to the all in one box. So close :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just tried to order from Elektron and my card was declined due to territorial decision. I live in England. Maybe its saved me quite a bit of money.

3 Likes

Thank goodness someone will stop me from impulse purchasing a toy I don’t need.

6 Likes

Are the modifier like fancy fills?

1 Like

Now!

5 Likes

So I am dumb and watched the video quickly, but are the 4 modifier tracks essentially like have 4 fill buttons with way more you can do with them?

1 Like

happy days

In-depth breakdown of machines in Appendix A of the manual, or brief overview of types of machines listed in the specs at the bottom of product page on Electrons website.

1 Like

One thing the leaks did not… leak… was the variety and capability of the synth machines. This thing can do so so much.

And yea there is no sample layer, but I don’t think that’s a con. Also the 12 tracks have me doing things with it that I only ever did with MD: thoughtful layering of sounds. I have a couple EPs just about finished with what I’ve been making on the Syntakt, and never did I feel limited. In fact, not once did I even use all 12 tracks.

No other box has given me such instant, usable results, in such a short amount of time.

It’s fine by itself, but paired with another Elektron and you really don’t need anything else.

The trig modifiers and scale/kb mode… these things are serious icing on the cake. And I can run it right into my Octatrack, no need for heat. It’s got just enough built right into the analog FX track. (I also love that analog HPF as a bass bump)

18 Likes

I have not read the manual yet but from the presentation video they seem to work like the scenes in the Analog Rytm, am I on the right track?

1 Like

I’ve not used the M:C - so it can only play set chords? You can’t just play it through the keyboard?

That was my main gripe about the Digitakt - having to use three tracks and faff around to play a simple triad was kind of irritating.

1 Like

It does. Manual:

“Setting HOLD to NOTE means the hold phase will be
determined by Note On and Note Off events.”

1 Like

Audio went out of headphone hack into a Behringer uca-202, recorded on IPhone 13 Pro.

Uploaded straight to YouTube. No editing or processing whatsoever.

9 Likes

Thanks for your description. Is the tracking/tuning of the dual vco as on the rytm or is the octave range extended?

2 per track and 2 for FX.

2 Likes

No, actually not at all. Something with actually good FX, more inputs/outputs, faders, etc. A beefed up Bluebox with physical knobs and sliders.

1 Like

Now we’re cooking with gas.

1 Like

scales on MIDI tracks, check - but currently not possible to utilise the scale corrected view in grid edit - but you are all good for normal p-locking and live input

No dice with retrig tho !

1 Like