Introducing Syntakt

I think you nailed it man — this would be an outstanding first Elektron box for someone new, it would give them an amazing overview of sounds/features from this corner of the music-making world. But for folks who are already immersed, it may not offer enough new stuff to justify a purchase.

I’m very grateful for my little Elektron collection and stoked for anyone who jumps in via Syntakt. Going to be a lot of great music coming out of it, no doubt about that.

12 Likes

the Machinedrum Company finally has replaced the machinedrum in their lineup

1 Like

For sure! And that’s the main thing at the end of the day. Some people are gonna love this box.

4 Likes

kinda makes me want to finally buy a ARmk2… I like the look of and sound of but sitting on the fence right now…

1 Like

Now Im curious if they have a modern Monomachine in mind, or was this it?

1 Like

you should seriously just quit the thread, we get it, you don’t like it

6 Likes

Word :thup:

1 Like

chill out :snowflake:

Nothing really exciting or new imho.
It seems like a for dummies hybrid version of all the previous elektron machines. Not that I expected something better.

1 Like

What’s that?

The digital synth machines kinda remind me of Plaits(chords, 2-fm op, VA, kick, snare, hh) and the animations of Microfreak - which uses Plaits algo (not saying they sound the same though).

Modifiers are a nice addition and the inverted envelope on the FX track could be interesting!

The DVCO does sound better than the original ones, the tuning especially.

For someone starting in the Elektron’s world, this is a great machine.

If I sell my ARmkI, I’ll get the ST but DN will stay, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I think This would pair novell with my Nord Lead. Using the keyboard for midi and then sequencing it from Syntakt. Main outs into syntakt. Could probably make something really banging with that!

Yep. Mostly recycling of the previously existing stuff with some seemingly quite minor improvements. Oh well, luckily the old machines exist for those looking for depth instead of immediacy.

I’m sure this will be a fun machine to jam with but I guess I was expecting to see something more interesting.

3 Likes

Lol RytmTakt

Whelp that was fun, good bit of dopamine. People are going to love this box.

Someone at me if it gets even barebones sample playback. :v:

2 Likes

Yeah this really could be amazing.

Overall the specs sound great. I’m a little hazy on what the fx track is capable of. Modulation of delay time?*

*I’m aware I sound obsessive but I need kaplus :muscle:t4: without sacrificing LFOs.

1 Like

I’m in. Ordered. I’ve not had any Elektron products for a while but I’m happy to welcome a new one to the fold.

2 Likes

Will any battery pack be able to power this? Would be amazing to jam with this from the couch.

It’s pretty damn sweet for a day one box. Lots of stuff already baked in that was missing on the other Digi’s to start with. I feel like they probably will add a little userwave update at some point if it’s possible. And I wonder if the Rytm has any capability for those digital machines to flow upstream in an update also. I think I’ll probably buy one to compliment my Dkeys at some point down the line (which incidentally is about to be shipped off for a warranty repair), when a few ST’s are starting to be offloaded 2nd hand after the honeymoon phase wears off

A typo in the manual?

This manual for Syntakt OS version 1.00 was last updated April 21, 2021

@eangman

2 Likes