Introducing Syntakt

This is definitely a miss for me. So little that is actually new or justifying of the pricetag. It has the M:C engine but no more knob-per-function, no more pads with aftertouch, they didn’t even add polyphony. It has the Rytm engine but no performances, no scenes, no song mode, no samples. It has the machine variety of the MD or MnM and (maybe) the chromatic ability of A4 but no kits and again no polyphony.

It seems to be for Digitone / Digitakt users to get the sound engines of those boxes less expensively… but what an expensive way to make music if you have all three.

9 Likes

I was really excited but the more I read and more videos I watch I’m realizing that it’s just a few engines from the RYTM and 8 ‘scaled up’ engines from the cycles which were themselves only scaled down engines of the Digitone…
So it seems t kind of Elektron just recycling the tech they already have and adding a few small features (modifiers etc)
Kind of reminds me of how the Digitakt is just the sample engine of the analog rytm…
I was really hoping for an entirely new machine comprised of entirely new engines for new sound design possibilities.
I literally had my finger on the Pre-order button but after watching some videos I’m highly skeptical that owners of the RYTM and Digitone have any need for this box.
As far as drum synths go for those of us who already have the other Elektron boxes I’m leaning more towards the Erica Synths LXR-02 which I’ve had my eye on for a while and is about half the price. I can’t tell yet but the more videos I watch and more I find out about the origin of the engines the more I completely lose my enthusiasm for this box.

13 Likes

I’m getting some monomachine vibes + analog while watching the loopop part on machines :slight_smile:

Seriously

I mean, you sold those core sounds to begin with, so that would make sense.

4 Likes

SY Bits and SY Toy tho… these aren’t from M:C. And there is gold in them hills. These remind me a lot of MM tonality.

6 Likes

MUTE MODE… global vs. local… Seems like something that needs to make it’s way onto a number of other Elektron boxes. :slight_smile:

If I owned any 'takt format machines this would be the first one I get.

But it can’t replace how I use my machinedrum, even with the warts and age… can’t live without UW resampling and even just basic sample playback.

Watching to see if this leads to a new big-size machine that can do it all :smiley:

May I ask those who looked at it deeper or own one, with this out now who is the digitone’s audience? (nvm, my buddy owning one says digitone is the best dedicated FM synth in his eyes, guess it still has that going for it)

2 Likes

I’ve looked over the manual and as far as I can tell, no.

i thought it was on digitakt & digitone already ? or maybe i confuse them with something else

I would have to disagree, lots of unique and improved-upon features compared to the other boxes. Whether those are useful is, of course, entirely up to you.

4 Likes

One of the things I made with Syntakt that didn’t make it to the video.
Only thing added was some Woodpressor limiting when I recorded it over class complaint USB into my iPhone.

Hats seem simple but are a layering of analog hats, analog noise machine, and digital cymbal alloy machine.

13 Likes

out of stock on elektron.se
:fire::fire::fire:

Much love to the whole Elektron team, really excited to get my hands on Syntakt. this is pretty much exactly what I’ve been hoping you’d release for a long time. :heart::partying_face:

Lots of voices & lots of machines for both drums n melody in 1 box.

modulatable fx parameters.
quality scales mode.

tonnes of sweet spot.

lovely stuff

3 Likes

Regardless of whether this is repackaged bits of existing technology, it’s great to have those bits all in one package. It means I can sit on the couch with one box and not feel like I’m missing any of the major pieces (aside from sampling, which I don’t tend to use anyway).

10 Likes

Ah… Maybe… My Elektron world revolves around AR and MC.

it seems like a good dub techno / electro machine…

2 Likes

Yes, there is control all - it covers all 12 audio tracks

5 Likes

BTW… if you love the idea of MOD A and MOD B… you’d really like these… :wink:

I am wondering if most Syntakt features can be implemented into Analog Rytm through firmware updates? This could be awesome! Mother of Takt :wink:

2 Likes

dub techno, electro, techno, anything where synthesis and sequencing can really push a track

7 Likes

Manual, page 78:

Press and hold [TRK] and change a parameter setting, then this change will affect this parameter in all the audio tracks in the pattern

3 Likes