Introducing Syntakt

A screen grab would have helped, but I guess you are referring to the A and D for analog and digital

The D looks like an abacus on its side - the A looks like a triangular speaker - what they represent hasn’t come to me yet

anyone notice teenage engs. mixer ?
nah… not missing much except to see joke price…

some nice demo tracks, sounds like i could replace digitakt&digitone&heat with this (due to the music i usually make)
but i wont pre order till i’ve been in new job for a while … and paid more of my mac off.

1 Like

I can say for certain that the Nord Drum 2 is a lot more organic and natural sounding. I listened carefully to most of the Syntakt videos and briefly, for about 5 seconds considered whether this would replace my ND2. It doesn’t. I’ll end of up with though

2 Likes

Nothing can replace a ND2 by now, at least as a pure drum synth.

2 Likes

Agree 100% (have only listened to some syntakt demos for comparison though).

On another note, I love the parameter animations. Like super love them.

Hmm… my Digitone and TR8S are looking very nervous… strongly considering chopping those two and pairing this with my MPC live…

I was watching the Loopop video and agree, beautiful animations and art, was one of the first things I felt in love with on my Digitakt

1 Like

asking for a compressor, arp and sample playback at the end there :zonked:

1 Like

Yay another premium priced toy I’ll never play with until my kids are grown and move out and I can spend obscene amounts of money on myself

5 Likes

I’m surprised to see DTs up for sale. Isn’t it the perfect companion to ST?

I would consider selling off DN and MC, but considering DT and MS are sample based, I’d keep those.

5 Likes

Agreed. As an ARmkI user, seeing those animations on machines I know so well was :star_struck: Very nice looking and a lot of fun.

I ordered without even looking at the device in full because Elektron + Digital drums is all I needed… but now that I know what those modifiers are… it’s essentially like a mini SP-1200 multimode :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. This could be some kind of prelude to an AR mk3. At least maybe a view into potential firmware updates to the AR, like the new envelope.

It looks like a great box and I’m sure people are going to love it as well as make great music with it.

From what I see I can do most of what it does with what I have so I’ll probably be passing in this one and waiting for the next “big box”.

Very cool box though and congrats to Elektron on its release!

2 Likes

Pattern chain + overbridge. Song mode is overrated

1 Like

I never listened to the Model cycles till this came along. But its so damn similar in the real world where people actually make tracks.

As a chase bliss fan, the addition of the term “modifiers” to the elektron world is great news. Great looking product. Interesting that they’ve found a price point between the big boys and the digis.

1 Like

Any reason the Retrokits cable with Digitakt firmware wouldn’t work out of the box for this?

Just watched most of the Loopop video. Now, if this was someone’s first Elektron, 800 English notes gets you a whole lot to work with, possibly even enough to never buy another box (haha). Plus, it’s basically a Cycles, Heat, and Rytm (minus sampling) in a single box. But something about the core sounds just doesn’t work for me. I wanted something new, but this isn’t it. After all, I sold Cycles, Rytm, and Heat. Maybe this being primarily a drum machine is what puts me off? I’m interested to hear it used for things other than drums tho, but I’m sure there are better options available for that. So, I’m out. Enjoy your Syntakt, everyone :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Any word if theres control all function?

Im with you. That core sound is so familiar.

1 Like